Sleepypod

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hey, so my bf's family lives about twoish hours away from us, and he takes his cat out with his when he stays out for multiple days, a few times a year (especially since our normal catsitter, his sister, is out there for holidays, too). We'll be going out there for Thanksgiving so I'm thinking it's time to upgrade the random hard carrier I bought when I brought Lelia home since this a lot farther than the vet.

I'm really intrigued by the sleepypod. I like that it's crash tested and can be used as a bed when not in use. If we do make this trip a couple times of year for years on end, it would be an investment. It's also a lot more expensive than other soft travel carriers, but I don't mind spending the money on my girl if the quality is really that much better, because she's worth it.

So if you have the sleepypod is it worth it? Would you recommend it? Or if you go on longer trips with your cat what would you suggest to keep her safe and comfortable? Thanks!

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
The look really nice, if I did more then vet appointments I'd get one. I think it's worth it and if I only had one cat I would get it even with out travel amount.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah, I'm 95% sure I'm going to buy it, but I was hoping to hear from people who had bought it first.

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I know we have a member who owns one.... I'll hunt around and see if I can find where it was mentioned before. I toy with the idea of buying one to use as my primary carrier since I rarely take both cats in. My problem is I have a very leggy 14 pounder who might have trouble with even the Air sized one but he might be okay.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I looked at the air one, but I don't think I'll ever fly with Lelia so I was thinking the medium round one - she's tall, but skinny at 9.5lbs, so I think she would fit fine. But the air is slightly cheaper.

Decisions, decisions!

Gizmobius

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I, too, was strongly considering buying one (maybe even two) for my two cats. I have a big 14lb boy so I was curious if it was big enough for him. I don't travel far with them, mostly just vet visits, but I do love the crash testing and how safe they seem to be. You never know what might happen on the road.

lalagimp

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Tommy used to outweigh it, so I didn't pick it up for him, and then we were moving all four cats around the country, so it wouldn't fit, but now that we're settled in and he's a svelte chonk, I've been thinking of getting him one if it would help his car sickness. He gets ridiculously anxious so we usually end up putting on his harness, taking a leash, and he gets to take his rides in the back floorboard.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Okay, I put in an order for the round one after waffling back and forth on whether to get that or the Air. Hopefully it will be worth it. Fingers crossed.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Please let us know what you think! They look comfortable and that air one looks like it could fit between my kids car seats if it can go the long way. I need to look better. Mooch was almost 15lb the last time I weighed her; so I see she would nearly outweigh some. Thanks pred for that. :rolleyes: Normally she has to sit in the front seat but thats not ideal.

Pucks104

My boys!
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I have 2 Sleepypod Air. They work great for ty he 2 kitties as ND our 2 Havanese. We have taken the pups to the beach as about a 5 hour day ( withpotty breaks of course) and we have taken the kitties to the vet. I really like them. Depending on how large Newman is when grown I may have to find him something differen.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So, tomorrow is the big day! Both cats have been sleeping in it, and I've put the lid over Lelia a couple times when she's resting and it's been okay. I've got Feliway spray and a new toy mousie for tomorrow so hopefully she can be coaxed in pretty easy. Lelia doesn't tend to fight once she's in the carrier, but she gets sad and scared and breaks my heart, so I hope this is more comforting for the ride tomorrow. But so far things are good with it.

Here's hoping I won't have to give you an update on how it actually performs in a crash.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
20181122_090658.jpg

One successful trip - check.

I don't know if it was the carrier or the feliway, but she did seem more relaxed and not quite as terrified. It's officially worth it to me.