Sleeping

Jessiep

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My 10 week old kitten has finally settled in and sleeps in the bathroom and my sisters room some nights but when i bring her in my room she is all crazy and will not calm down. Maybe this is because i used to play with her a lot in this room so she thinks it’s her play room?

Cat_mediator

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
It might have something to do with it. Cats remember where they sleep, play, and eat. If you want to transform your room to her sleeping room, then you might need to put her sleeping bed in your room first. Where does she sleep in the bathroom? on something soft right? put that in your bedroom. And if you don't mind, you can still play with her with a wand toy for a while, so she will be more willing to settle down after. A kitten needs to play about 4 times a day for about 15- 20 minutes each time, otherwise, she will be restless.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, I think it is because you have played with her in your room and she associates it with fun. If you want to allow her to sleep in your room then you need to retrain her. First no playing of any kind in your room. If she won’t settle down, you tell her to in a firm voice and then put her on the floor. If she comes back and goes back to bothering you, then you put her in the bathroom for the rest of the night. If you repeat this every night, she will eventually learn that if she wants to sleep in your room she needs to be quiet .