Sleeping on the human's bed

dave_l

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Both my cats have always loved to sleep on my bed, whether I'm using it or not.

I always figured that was because it was comfortable to them. But it recently occurred to me that maybe they're copying me. Is that possible?

vbcatparent

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Cats have various reasons for liking the bed. It smells like you. It's a place they associate with peace. They know you will eventually return there. If they are lucky you will leave a soft sweater there or perhaps you will set down a cool toy. And, yes, it is comfortable.

misterwhiskers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My cat likes my --er, his--cashmere throw that I leave on the bed. And he LOVES the bed. In fact, he yells at me if I linger watching tv too long!

vbcatparent

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
When we are late for bed, ours will pace around the living room and glare at us until we turn off the TV. Then when we are heading upstairs, he looks around innocently as if he doesn't understand why we are leaving him.

Last edited:

misterwhiskers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When we are late for bed, ours will pace around the living room and glare at us until we turn off the TV. Then when we are heading upstairs, he looks around innocently as if he doesn't understand why we are leaving him.
Robin "accidentally" bumps into stuff on my dining room table until I comply and go to bed. Who needs a mom when you've got a cat? [emoji]128568[/emoji]

ruaryx

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I think it's because they like being near you.  

p3 and the king

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
While all of this is true... Cats like to be comfortable.  There is a saying "If you want to find the most comfortable spot in the house, look for the cat!"