Skin Issues

weemomma

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
so my semi feral cat Katie has skin issues. She is a deaf white cat and is as sweet as can be but she turns into a monster when I try to medicate her.

At first I thought the skin issues might have been due to fleas. However, she is many months flea free and is still licking hot spots all over her body, especially around her butt and tail.

The local vet has suggested benedryl. I have not successsfully pilled her to see if this works. I have thought maybe a food allergy, but her food has not changed in many years.

When she had her shots last January, the vet prescribed an antibiotic that seemed to do the trick, but not the overgrooming has come back. It’s almost like it cycles. It gets better and then gets worse before getting better again.

I went and got some liquid benedryl to see if this makes a difference. I’ve also picked up some coconut oil as she enjoys it in her food and it worked well on the wounds before.

Has anyone else dealt with anything like this?

cheeser

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have thought maybe a food allergy, but her food has not changed in many years.
Cats can develop an allergy to something they've been eating for awhile, as we learned the hard way. :wink: