Skin Issue On Front Leg

shelbyc47

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello all!

My cat, Oliver, has been dealing with a slight skin issue. I'm about 98% sure that it's just a healing scratch of some sort. Anyway, he has a tiny bald patch on his left front leg, and is keeping the area very clean (possibly scratching an itch from it healing?). He is acting perfectly normal and has let me touch the area to inspect it, etc. From what I can tell, it doesn't look like anything remotely serious, and he seems to be dealing with it pretty well. Is this little spot something that I should be seriously worried about? I've attached a photo of the spot (sorry if the picture is a bit hard to tell anything from...he doesn't like to sit still).

Thanks!

Attachments

valentine319

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
It could just be the way I see it. Have you had your cat seen a vet? I would check symptoms of ringworm like dry and scaley. To really know for sure a vet visit is required. I'll let someone else chime in but it really doesn't look like hair is starting to grow back out. Maybe the vet needs to check it under the microscope.

I'm also going to add can you confirm if your cats hair is completely black? My cat is a smoke, it's a genetic thing where her hair grows out white and turns black. The reason I ask is in photos the white can look like bald spots.

If that area is bald I would have the cat in to the vet. It could be as simple as severe flea reaction. Some can get one bite and have severe reactions.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

shelbyc47

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have an appointment with the vet at 3 today! Ringworm was one of the first things that I thought of. However, it has NEVER looked like the stereotypical ringworm rash, and he has no other symptoms...just the tiny bald spot!

As for his hair, it tends to grow in brownish. There is a bit of hair growing in on the spot, but it is difficult to tell.

Here's to hoping for an easy vet visit with good news!