Skeletal diseased feral cat has been hanging out on my back porch wailing mournfully. What to do?

mewlittle

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mewlittle / Hershey's mum, I cant belive declawing is still legal, how much of an outcry would there be if we chopped peoples finger ends off to stop them damaging things!!
. IMO cats dont ask to be born or rehomed so we need to take some responsibity for their holistic welfare if we take them in, ie, accepting cats have claws and they scratch!! By your posts I guess I am preaching to the converted so sorry about the rant. I usually refrain from putting anything controvercial on any forums

Anyway, just wanted to show some support for NOT declawing

I however have a much more humane alternative...

Reclaimed wooden furniture,....looks great and makes amazing scratching  / chewing posts. Nothing in my house has any corners left but it makes it completely origional!!

If we are napping and its too much trouble to get to the "scratch post" there is always the "back of the hand alternative" or the "throw from the sofa alternative"

I really dont care what they scratch / chew as long as they are happy and healthy, especially having lost Pugsley at 6 years to FIV and his brother Murphy to cancer at 6 and a half! Hubby and I are of the opinion that its their home as much as ours and as for having visitors, the party line is if you dont like cats, dont come!!

Anyway, been on the site for about two weeks and nice to meet ya!

Mandy, John and 14 kitties!
hay were i live its legal one of my old vets wanted me to declaw my 14 yr old cat all be cause she clawed the vet yes i started yelling at the vet hahaha she still has her claws and never saw that vet again :)

madcatlady

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
HMMMM, should we suggest to said vet we chop off her fingers because she prods defenceless animals with them?? What a trout

skymaster

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
please. please, please.....keep this lttle fella,...i have a ferel , alot older,  he was in bad shape,....spruced him up,  took him to the vet,.......now i would not part with him for a million dollars !......please keep this little chap.  he needs  YOU  URGENTLY.    thank you.

merstockgto

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I borrowed a trap from a local cat rescue in Fl. and was able to rescue a feral.  It can be done. Please check around for a local cat rescue.