Simmie

miss mew

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Simone "Simmie" came into my family's life in 1987. She was a tiny little white furball that my Grandma always called Snowball.

My mom was just putting the car into reverse to back out of her parking spot one afternoon at work, when one of the other workers ran over yelling STOP! When she got out of the car there was a tiny kitten huddled behind her front tire.

She came to our house as many other strays did. We already had 4 cats so the plan was to get her spayed and vaccinated and give her to a good home. We interviewed numerous families but just didn't feel that anyone was the right fit for her. Truth be told she had already found her way into our hearts

So she spent the next 22 years of her life with my mom and dad. Patrolling her backyard and beating up my much bigger/stronger male cat Reilly when we came to visit

I moved out of the house 10 years ago but always looked forward to seeing the "old lady" when I came for a visit.

Rest in peace sweet Simmie. You have earned your place in heaven

otto

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so sorry for the loss of your beloved Simmie. 22 years is a testament to the care and love she had lavished upon her. My deepest sympathy to you and your family.

clpeters23

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so sorry for your loss. Simmie had a wonderful life having been rescued and cared for by a family that loved her for all the years of her long life. My thoughts and prayers for those who will miss her.

threecatowner

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I'm so sorry for your loss. 1987 was a good year for kitties: my Orf and Annie were born that year. Orfie died in 2000, Annie made it 19-1/2 years to 2007. RIP Simmie!

farleyv

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Simmie sure knew whose car to sit under. She received so much love from you and your family.

Now, she goes to the bridge with all the others.

You have a little cat
looking down on you. God bless Simmie and her family.

troant

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
RIP Simmie, so sorry for your loss, she had an awesome life with you guys.xx

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My heart fell when I saw the lock on Simmie's vibes thread. I'm so sorry, Tracy.
She had a good long life, but that's not much consolation when you have to say the goodbyes.

RIP Sweet Simmie

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I saw your post on facebook Tracy, i'm so sorry

Simmie will be one of the many elderly felines who will keep the kittens in check at the bridge, but with a lot of love to go with it

jil05

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I am so sorry...
Rest in peace dear beautiful Simmie.
You are all in my thoughts and prayers.

russian blue

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so sorry for the great loss to the family, Tracy. I am glad to hear, though, that she didn't have to suffer long and she can now rest.

What a wonderful, long life she had with your family. Many great memories, I am sure!

RIP Simmie

clixpix

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm so sorry for you and your family's loss of Simmie

From a life that nearly ended too early to a long happy life as a much loved member of your family...what an amazing and wonderful journey for her.

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
With tears in my eyes, I am sending love to you and your family Tracy.

Rest in peace Lady Simmie.

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
What a touching tribute.
She had a long wonderful life, full of love. I'm sure she will be very missed - my thoughts are with you and your family.

Play happily over the bridge, Simmie.