Silly (or Maybe Not) Rituals And Routines

She's a witch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
For me, toilet paper over; for my husband, under. We never shared explicitly our preferences so it's a silent war. Whoever gets to change a roll, wins. We never change it once the other one put it his way. I wonder if we'll ever have a conversation about this?

I misunderstood the last question. In British English which I was taught at school, pants mean underwear. So I was thinking that it's a weird question to ask, but well, if you must know, I first put on panties, then bra, then socks. Then I realised you ask about "trousers", which makes more sense :D

We take the shoes off at home. I'm always hesitant in other people's houses, so I usually ask. I once heard it's rude and gross to take them off, but I was always taught growing up that it's rude to leave them on :) It's definitely cultural thing.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I misunderstood the last question. In British English which I was taught at school, pants mean underwear. So I was thinking that it's a weird question to ask, but well, if you must know, I first put on panties, then bra, then socks. Then I realised you ask about "trousers", which makes more sense :D
LOL! Thanks for the laugh! Yeah, I'm sure we all forget sometimes about how different countries/regions have different words for things. Good to know you put your undergarments on first though, although you could start a new trend if you did it the other way around.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have to shower before dinner. If I wait until after dinner, then I just feel too tired and won't end up doing it.
i can understand that! :agree:

for me, i need to eat my dinner before showering (on days that i've been outdoors doing things all day...and most times into the evening), otherwise i just don't 'have it left in me' to even heat up something for dinner after i've showered.

it's good that we both know what works best for us! :D

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My best friend in high school's mom used to always say that, leave your shoes on.
i've only ever had someone tell me that once......and i insisted that i remove my winter boots (with wintery gunk on them) before stepping into their kitchen with the clean flooring. :dunno:

it just makes more work (to need to clean the flooring) for them, if i track wintery gunk on their floors.