Silly One - Bitey Cat

Kris107

Cat mom, cat foster mom
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My current cat is feisty and a bit bitey when he's upset or mad or wild or really affectionate. I've worked with him a lot on it and now he doesn't bite nearly as much. But I was just checking his paws because I thought he might be bleeding from one and he was biting me. I yelped and said "No!" but I don't know that it'll ever fully sink in. So here's the stupid thought... I am going to be MORTIFIED taking this one to the vet for things. I'm going to have to warn the vet/tech that he's kind of bitey and I feel like it reflects on my cat parenting! 😅 My past 2 loves never bit. It wouldn't even cross their minds. One would let me pick the tartar build up off his teeth and the other did an ultrasound with no sedatives. So now I have Mr. Naughty Pants... 😼🤦‍♀️ Sorry, no question for everyone, but I'm sure someone can relate???

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I'm going to have to warn the vet/tech that he's kind of bitey and I feel like it reflects on my cat parenting!
Not at all, as a matter of fact it reflects on you that you care enough to let the vet and assistants know ahead of time, a lot of people don't do that. Besides, by the time he needs a wellness check and shots (he's neutered, right?), it sounds as though the work you're doing with him is making amazing headway. Don't beat yourself up, most cats don't like their paws handled.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Kris107

Cat mom, cat foster mom
Alpha Cat
Purraise
He's neutered and over 1 yrs old, so he's just kind of on his normal wellness schedule now. I'm definitely a "rules" and "manners" kind of cat mom, so it's hard having a wild child! Thanks for the reply - I'll try to pat myself on the back a little more... 😅