Signs Of Labour

Tillycat17

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Our cat is pregnant and we think on day 62/63. (We've seen the vet and got all the supplies etc)
Since yesterday she's not been herself. Barely eating, restless, swollen bum which looks like she's had discharge. Keeps having mini contractions I think or braxton hix if cats have that?!
How long does this stage last? She seems so uncomfortable

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Yes couöd be braxton hicks contractions. If so the teal labor in a few days. If not, its beginning of prelabor - active phase and delivery soon inside 24 hours. HS she dropped??

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Tillycat17

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I think so, it's hard to tell with all the fur too. She's more settled now and trying to sleep. The waiting game is not easy, I've been sat on the kitchen floor since yesterday worried she will need me if I go

Tillycat17

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Glad it's not just me, such a worrying time.
She's still having small contractions and her whole body tenses up a bit. She seems exhausted. Hope it goes well for you ceeedge!

Ceeedge

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I've got one. :-) There are some more pics and way too many words over there

Tilly- the same thing is happening to PK. I will send positive vibes your way, and there is another person on here that is in our boat right this moment. We got this!

daisyd

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Theres three of you going through this today (that I've followed so far today ) !! My god lots of kittens soon @Fifa

Ceeedge

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
It's a kitten avalanche! PK knocked over the box I had set up and dragged the blanket half out and has been hanging in there for the last half hour or so.. Soooo. I think we might be almost there! I will say.. her way is better. :-)

Tillycat17

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Update- more vocal and affectionate. Keeps going in her small bed cocoon and none of the nesting boxes!
I'm staying up with her again tonight

Ceeedge

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I'll be right there with ya! PK has been super affectionate all day and she has just today taken to the box I had hoped she would go for. After she arranged it to her liking of course. Such a big personality for such a little girl! Sending happy healthy fast painless birth thoughts to your little one. :-)

Tillycat17

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Small contractions are still going all day. No big ones though. She does keep going in her nest so maybe it'll be soon. She's currently giving herself a full clean while she's in her nest

Tillycat17

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
They are here!!! She did amazing and did it all on her own. 4 tabbies, all feeding. We are on holiday now but my parents are staying there to cat sit and they didn't need to do anything! They all came within 45mins!!! I was able to watch through our monitor and she did so well.

Attachments

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Glad to hear all went well! Can your parents weigh the kittens daily? It's important to make sure that everyone gains at least 6-10g per day.

Do your parents also know to feed mom unlimited dry food and at least 4 meals of wet food throughout the day?

And last, are they able to keep mom 100% inside and away from intact males? She can get pregnant again within a week of delivery.

Tillycat17

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thanks for the reply. She has gone off her wet food the last couple of weeks (I still put it out, twice a day but she's barely licked it) should they start putting out 4 pouches straight away? However she's eaten a whole pouch straight after kittens! She has unlimited dry food and water.
She's got her own room for the next couple of months, with her litter tray and food etc.

They keep checking that all of them are feeding but don't want to weigh as they are worried she may get stressed and also about transferring smell. She's very protective over the nest.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
They should feed mom as mych wet food as she wants while nursing.

When are you back?

Tillycat17

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thanks I'll tell them. Back Monday.
They are going in to see her a lot and I'm worried she is getting stressed, they say she loves it but it looks like she keeps jumping in and out of the box as she wants to see them but then the babies cry. How often should they go in her room?