Sign For Door To Rescue Cats In Case Of Emergency?

staceyloobug

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi guys! I wasn't sure where to put this post, but I thought maybe "Care & Grooming" was the right place.

I used to have a sign for my door that said I had xx amount of cats, xx amount of dogs, etc, in case of emergency, for a fireman to look for the pets. I got this for free with a donation to the ASPCA or some such thing a LONG time ago (when I lived with my Mom in my college years). Anyone know where I'd get another one? We're in our first year in our first home, and I keep meaning to put on on our front and back doors, but I am having a hard time. I could always make one, but the one that I had looked pretty "official."

Bonus if it's not a sticker, but a static cling or some such thing.

nanner

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Or, if you're passing by your local firehouse, I'm sure they would have them. That's where I got mine.

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Staceyloobug

Bonus if it's not a sticker, but a static cling or some such thing.
That would be nicer. I wonder if you could print decals out on a printer - if your printer had the proper support for that. Then you could have them for more than one door and even a few windows.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

staceyloobug

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by strange_wings

That would be nicer. I wonder if you could print decals out on a printer - if your printer had the proper support for that. Then you could have them for more than one door and even a few windows.
I know they make magnet paper that I can run through my printer...but I'm not thinking the static type would be able to work. I might make a few of the magnet ones...

gloriajh

FERAl born “Pepper”
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a picture of my indoor cats by the front door (there's a side window by the door where I posted the picture) - it asks that no one let the cats out.

It serves two purposes - it identifies the cats and what they look like, and it also lets people know to keep the door(s) closed so the cats won't accidently get outside.

Also, I don't have to open the door to strangers - they figure that I am keeping the door closed so the cats won't escape - I just talk through the window.

staceyloobug

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GloriaJH

I have a picture of my indoor cats by the front door (there's a side window by the door where I posted the picture) - it asks that no one let the cats out.

It serves two purposes - it identifies the cats and what they look like, and it also lets people know to keep the door(s) closed so the cats won't accidently get outside.

Also, I don't have to open the door to strangers - they figure that I am keeping the door closed so the cats won't escape - I just talk through the window.
This is a great idea! I could just post this on the glass in the screen door!

tdonline

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Any suggestions for an apartment dweller? If there's a fire or disaster, it would be difficult for emergency workers to read the decals from outside the building.

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by tdonline

Any suggestions for an apartment dweller? If there's a fire or disaster, it would be difficult for emergency workers to read the decals from outside the building.
Poster board and make a extra large sign for the window?
One of the door, of course, and surely your landlord knows you have pets.

staceyloobug

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thanks Fulpmes! I don't need the decal now, but I will definitely check that site out if it supports a good cause!

girlsetsfiyah

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
We lived in a large apartment building for years and just used one of the decal stickers on our door (With landlords permission) stating we had 2 cats inside. I'm sure that would be fine to do, as long as you ask permission!

staceyloobug

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GirlSetsFiyah

We lived in a large apartment building for years and just used one of the decal stickers on our door (With landlords permission) stating we had 2 cats inside. I'm sure that would be fine to do, as long as you ask permission!
Thanks GirlSetsFiyah. We had one of those too at the condo, but we don't have to ask permission nowadays, since we now own a house.

I am waiting for the little decal to come in the mail from the ASPCA. I will let y'all know how it goes!

j_eden

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thanks!
This sign is great! I'll have to ask my landlord if it's alright if we post it on our front door