Sick Stray Kitten, Almost Dead...

Status
Not open for further replies.

nese

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hello,

I just want to share the story of a very sick kitten I found yesterday. In an empty field near our apartment there is a feral cat colony living. They are hiding under some ruins, timbers most of the time. So I just barely see some of them when I feed them, once (or sometimes twice) a day.

Yesterday, when I got there to feed them, I saw one very tiny kitten lying in the middle of the sun, not moving and almost not breathing. Not sure for how many hours she has been there, but yesterday was very hot. There were ants on her nose. At first I thought she was dead, but then I saw her hardly visible breathing, eyes were completely shut, nose was totally clogged. I took her immediately to our vet. She is about 3 weeks old but at the 2 weeks old size maximum.

The vet said the kitten was in coma :( , kept her in incubator, gave some fluids. Yesterday night I was very worried she wouldn't make it :( But today, one day later, she still keeps holding and that gives me hope. Now, the vet says her condition is stable and they are treating her eyes which were too badly infected.
I hope this little one makes it, and then we find her a good home :crossfingers:

shadowsrescue

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Thank you for helping this little one. I hope that he/she will make it.

Have you thought of doing TNR on the feral colony?

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
That is so kind of you to give her a chance with some medical care. You might be surprised at how tough little kittens can be.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

nese

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
We have lost her in two days unfortunately :( At first day she got just a little bit better but never came out of coma and we have lost her the second day.
I wish there was more we can do to save her :sniffle:

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
I am so sorry that you lost her. You did everything that you could for her rather than leaving her where you found here. She was very sick and very young, two conditions you could not change, and you fought the good fight.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
I'm so sorry to hear she didn't make it nese nese

I'll lock this thread now. If you would like to start a memorial thread for the kitten please do so in out Crossing The Bridge forum.

Rest In Peace little one.

:lovecat:

Status
Not open for further replies.