Sick-looking Savannah Eyes

MavAndMax

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My baby Savannah (okay, he's 11 months:) has had his third eyelids showing and glassy eyes for the past 3-4 days. I have a vet appointment at 1530 PST today but I am just so anxious!! He was playing just fine this morning, bowel movements have actually improved (he has chronic colitis), and I think his urine is fine. I am hoping it is just conjuncitivitis or something but I'm scared my vet will miss something. Any suggestions for testing?worriedcatmom
20180718_102227.jpg
20180718_102227.jpg
20180718_102251.jpg

Attachments

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I've heard the third eyelid showing is most commonly related to eye problems or digestive problems. Since you mention digestive issues maybe it is related to that?

Have you checked his hydration? The check is pinching the skin right between the shoulder blades. If the tent of skin goes down immediately he is hydrated, if you can count a few seconds your cat is dehydrated, and if it doesn't go down then your cat needs emergency attention. That could be another cause kind of related to eye problems; less water in the body and the eyelid sticks a little.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

MavAndMax

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Definitely never dehydrated, this cat is always drinking. :)
I went to the vet, she says it is likely a virus from our new kitten that's maybe turned into conjuncitivitis. Eye drops and watching him. I hope he's okay.