Sick Kitten. Please Advise.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Anna Jackson

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Is he cold or cool? If so he will need to be warmed up. Make sure he doesn't get overheated.

I'd smear the honey water on his gums plus syringe water (or boiled chicken broth with no flavoring) feeds at least hourly or more often, if he's still not eating.
Thank you I'm really appreciating all the advice and applying it.

Anna Jackson

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Is he cold or cool? If so he will need to be warmed up. Make sure he doesn't get overheated.

I'd smear the honey water on his gums plus syringe water (or boiled chicken broth with no flavoring) feeds at least hourly or more often, if he's still not eating.
He's a little warm in temperature. Also I did the dehydration test and the next snapped back so it's looking like he's not very dehydrated. But I'm feeding him every hour and giving him some water as well.

Anna Jackson

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I would just like to thank you all for the advice, as I am not sure how my kitten would have made it if I didn't follow some of your suggestions.
It's been two days since, and he's started back eating and drinking on his own. Pooping less, although it's still soft, he's going off once or twice a day, and he's getting a lot better. He's still dealing with some weakness and sleeping a lot, but other than that, he's playing and making progress. He's receiving his medication as prescribed and doing well. He has started sniffing his surroundings a lot more which is new, but other than that he seems to be heading back to his old self.

Thanks again for all the advice.