Sick Cat Round Two

weemomma

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
So, here we go again.

Charlie has now started acting as if he doesn't feel well. We got Hariette over her little bought of illness very recently, but it seems as if it is the kitten's turn.

He has been pretty sleepy today. Not his normal active self. He has just turned 5 months old and is currently teething. He just lost a canine last night and I feel like his gums are understandably sore. He doesn't have his normal interest in food and has been having some pretty liquid diarrhea since last night.

I also noticed that he had worm segments on his bottom this morning. I thought that we had gotten rid of the worms, but they reappeared. I gave him some wormer this morning that he had been on about a month ago. I know that his tummy is probably not feeling well, so I'm going to switch over to a bland diet to see if that helps him any. His poor bottom is sore now too.

On top of all of this, he has scratched his little ear raw. There was a little patch on the inside that is bleeding slightly. No idea why. His ear looks clear with no discharge. He's a little bit warm in general, but I know it's probably a combination of everything.

I spend so much money on Hariette last month that I don't have the money to really take him anywhere but the local country vet. Let's face it, she's not the best, but she is cheap. What is the best thing that I can do for him right now? Should I just assume that he's having a bad day today and see if things get better tomorrow? He was perfectly fine last night, running around and being his normal kitten self.

valentine319

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Someone will chime in on what to expect when they are teething. Maybe that could be making him feel bad. Add in worms and the poor thing could be having a rough day.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

weemomma

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
It's been a long time since I've had a teething kitten in the house. I really regret giving him wormer this morning since he already had very liquid poops, but he is dealing with worms and it needed to be done. I let him out to play just a little bit ago and he wasn't really interested. I put him back up to nap a little while longer. I'll give him some baby food for dinner and see if he's interested at all then.

weemomma

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Charlie was just willing to eat some ham baby food if I fed it to him off my finger. So, the nausea seems to be getting a little bit better. I'm hoping that I'm just an anxious cat momma, because I don't really have any answers for my poorly kitten.

Also it seems that he is pooping out a clear mucus. I have read that this can happen with a dewormer. Hopefully he is more perky this evening.

weemomma

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
We have clear liquid coming out of Charlie's bottom, so it seems as if the wormer is the culprit of his feeling sick today. He just had a big poop of clear fluid and a lot of gas when I was in the room with him. We'll see how he feels closer to dusk and if he'll eat some more soft food.