Sick Cat/Advice Needed.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

penticton

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise

u might want to take him to the vet anyway to make sure that it did not twist up his intestines

and include rubber bands in your list
mycatwasthebest: thankyou for your response, a vet check is scheduled.

YET ANOTHER UPDATE:

I did a search of the house and found yet ANOTHER black pony tail elastic that he puked up, and several bits of a regular rubber band that he puked up, I put all the rubber bits together and that totaled one whole band.

So that's TWO hair elastics that came out were 100% INTACT with visible chew marks and cuts on them and bits of rubber band totaling one whole band, that's THREE foreign objects total.

Looks like he went on a foreign object eating spree sometime last week, Anyone know what would have caused him to suddenly seek out these three items and eat them all at once?

He has also stopped opening his mouth as if he's going to yawn, kind of looked like he was chewing his cud, but I think this is called RETCHING? No? Yes?

Since this has stopped it tells me that he no longer has a foreign object either in his throat or belly that he is attempting to dislodge. Does this sound logical?

And he's back to purring more and more throughout the day, being very lovey dovey and cuddly, the appetite is slowly starting to climb, I purchased some Sardines (in light oil and water with no salt added), He didn't like the Sardines at all it seems, not smelly enough, but, he thoroughly enjoyed the new Tuna I bought today, it seems to be smellier than the sardines, he loves the juice.

Also for the first time in a while, he took a very noticeable pee pee, nice amount, and was caught drinking a couple of times from one of his many water dishes. (I always provide plenty of FRESH CLEAN water sources in the home.)

Questions needing advice or an answer I have highlighted in blue.

Thanks again guys for all your posts.

mycatwasthebest

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise

u might want to take him to the vet anyway to make sure that it did not twist up his intestines

and include rubber bands in your list
mycatwasthebest: thankyou for your response, a vet check is scheduled.

YET ANOTHER UPDATE:

I did a search of the house and found yet ANOTHER black pony tail elastic that he puked up, and several bits of a regular rubber band that he puked up, I put all the rubber bits together and that totaled one whole band.

So that's TWO hair elastics that came out were 100% INTACT with visible chew marks and cuts on them and bits of rubber band totaling one whole band, that's THREE foreign objects total.

Looks like he went on a foreign object eating spree sometime last week, Anyone know what would have caused him to suddenly seek out these three items and eat them all at once?

mid-life crisis? boredom? suddenly discovering they are fun to play with and therefore eat?

He has also stopped opening his mouth as if he's going to yawn, kind of looked like he was chewing his cud, but I think this is called RETCHING? No? Yes?

I think of retching as gagging, what u seem to be describing is he could feel a tickle deep down in his throat

Since this has stopped it tells me that he no longer has a foreign object either in his throat or belly that he is attempting to dislodge. Does this sound logical?

yes but that does not mean there isn't something stuck there

And he's back to purring more and more throughout the day, being very lovey dovey and cuddly, the appetite is slowly starting to climb, I purchased some Sardines (in light oil and water with no salt added), He didn't like the Sardines at all it seems, not smelly enough, but, he thoroughly enjoyed the new Tuna I bought today, it seems to be smellier than the sardines, he loves the juice.

Also for the first time in a while, he took a very noticeable pee pee, nice amount, and was caught drinking a couple of times from one of his many water dishes. (I always provide plenty of FRESH CLEAN water sources in the home.)

Questions needing advice or an answer I have highlighted in blue.

Thanks again guys for all your posts.