sick baby

msserena

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
When you notice your kitty isn't acting the way they usually do, they don't want food, no cat grass, no kibble & is sleeping a lot, do you watch them? Or do you take them to the vet? How long to wait?

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
This can be a slippery slope. Cats hide symptoms like pain, so the lack of appetite and lethargy could be related to numerous conditions. If you are seeing these symptoms and they are not explainable by something logical, like you just tried a new brand of food that the cat hates, you need to call the vet. Hepatic lipidosis can occur very quickly.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

msserena

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
This can be a slippery slope. Cats hide symptoms like pain, so the lack of appetite and lethargy could be related to numerous conditions. If you are seeing these symptoms and they are not explainable by something logical, like you just tried a new brand of food that the cat hates, you need to call the vet. Hepatic lipidosis can occur very quickly.
I got her to eat a little last night, I put some canned chicken down & then sprinkled a tiny bit of raw rabbit over & she ate the majority of it. I've been feeding raw for like the past month, she's been great except for a couple days now. I wonder if the bone is getting to her.

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
I am personally not versed in feeding raw, so can't be much help with that. If she is eating that is a good sign, but if you are concerned about some adverse reaction to the bone, you should still get some advice from your vet.

msserena

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
it's interesting, when we were at the vet's she was jumping all over the place & checking things out, then when we get home, she goes back to the chair & has been laying down ever since.

I have been force feeding her some chicken pate mixed with water. Just a few squirts about every half hour. I will have to research to see what can be done for no appetite.

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
What did the vet tell you? Cats, even those who are under the weather, will become more interested and stimulated at the vets office because of the unusual and unfamiliar smells and sound, so that is not always an indication that they are feeling better.

msserena

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
What did the vet tell you? Cats, even those who are under the weather, will become more interested and stimulated at the vets office because of the unusual and unfamiliar smells and sound, so that is not always an indication that they are feeling better.
Yeah I guess so. I left. I was there for 3.5 hrs & the vet had 5 people in front of me. I couldn't handle another 3 hours there. She looks like she doesn't feel well, she's just laying in the chair. I will go in the am, probably really early. they're 24 hr emergency so they will be open.

msserena

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Just to let you know, I took her in this morning. Her small intestine was inflamed, they have no idea from what. Could be a plant, a bug a piece of carpet from a scratching post. Now we have to see if she will eat & if she doesn't get better then she probably has IBD.