Sick again

jeanie g.

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ghyslaine, I don't think you should go back to work until you are completely recovered, and that means when you can work a normal day and not be exhausted. Be sure to get the pneumonia shot after you are recovered also. I have asthma and I had pneumonia twice in the last couple of years. When I had asthma without a cold, I wheezed and whistled when I exhaled. I don't always have it, but the pneumonia caused permanent scarring to my lungs. That's why I'm not teaching any more. That's why I'm urging you to take this seriously. That might even mean your job could be in jeopardy; I know that. It's better than becoming an invalid at a young age. Do what's necessary for your health.

deehome

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Ghyslaine,
Please take what Jeanie says to heart. This is potentially very very serious. Also, please, no matter how bad you're feeling at the time insist that the doctor give you answers and doesn't just hand you prescriptions. You need to know exactly whats wrong and what the doctor expects the medication to do for you in what kind of time frame. Doctors seem to be in a hurry most of the time so we as individuals are responsible for finding out every thing we can about what ever is wrong so we can do every thing possible to help ourselves. Doctors can miss things so we need to be vigilant. I do hope you will feel better soon and please get lots and lots of rest. Am still sending healing thoughts and hugs.
Blessed Be Ghyslaine.
Hugs,
Dee
Mom to Jessie, Nikkie, Luckie, Lady, Sammy & Sassy

debby

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Just saw that you have been sick again! I hope you are feeling better now! *HUGS* (PS>>>check your e-mail, I just sent you one)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

whisker's mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yola, Jeanie, Dee and Debby.

Gosh...I'm not sure what to say, looks like I never replied to all of you. Not sure why. Sorry.

Thank you so much for the hugs!!!! Much appreciated.

I go back on wednesday for more tests. I can't say I am not feeling better but I can't really say I am either. I have ups and downs throughout the day. It seems I am relying on my puffer to get me through the rough spells and I am not sure if I like that. I don't want to end up needing a puffer permanently.

I have been thinking today....if my test comes back with my lungs still not having improved any, then I wil consider some time off to rest and recover. I keep telling myself it's not that bad anymore because I do have good moments during the day. But....I want to be 100% better. I have been taking it easy at work and they do not push me at all. I have a great boss. He has even suggested that. Guess part of me is a work-a-holic and I can't imaging not being there but right now....I am getting frustrated and fed up.

On the bright side: I am able to almost sleep through the night!

Thanks for all of you good thoughts. You have all been so supportive.

Dee, I am writing my questions down this time. I get so intimidated when I am at the doctors/dentists. I don't know why.

Jeanie, they only give the pneumonia shot to someone who has approx. 4 relapses in a short period of time. I will ask him about it though. After all, it's a once in your whole lifetime shot.

I am also organising a flu shot workshop at work. The Victorian Nurses will come to our workplace and will be providing this free of charge to whomever wants. My company is picking up the tab (there is an $11.00 per employee charge). I think it's great of them. We are approx. 80 employees. Once one gets sick, it seems to be never ending. maybe this will help.

katl8e

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Ghys, my Bill has asthma AND emphysema. Since last summer, he's been on Flovent and Seravent, twice a day. He, also, has an albuterol rescue inhaler. Since he's been on these meds, he has a lot more stamina.

I'm making him get flu and pneumonia shots, too. He's 57 and, with his lungs, its better to prevent, than treat.

If you're not getting better or, at least, some relief look around for a good pulmonologist. A G.P. can only keep up, so much.