• Thread Starter Thread Starter

joecool

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
someplace so boring i am slowly but surely losing
Yeah sam, but they come in cool colors, and they are hypoallergenic

*sniff*
i can't have other indoor cats because of my dad's allergies. I have two outdoor cats(we have a lot of land and a barn), but it isn't the same. That's why i'm looking for a breeder near me. And you still haven't shown me Sapan pictures!!

sandie

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I don't know if you checked out the breedlist.com link. If not, there are a few breeders in Virginia which isn't too far, there's also a listing for Arkansas.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

joecool

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
someplace so boring i am slowly but surely losing
Sam i said that because other breeds don't allow all colors. And they are hypoallergenic. They are almost as big as maine coons. I love all cats, but these may be the only ones i can have indoors

Where are my Sapan pictures??

solaritybengals

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The bengal breeder that I work with also has Siberians. She is located in Denver, NC. I'm not sure where you are but I'm sure she ships.

(n)mabriga sibe

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi
I am a siberian breeder but sorry I am in Norway.
Here is some story about the Siberians.

The story of Siberian cat.

Siberians have been around for many years as far as recorded history tell.

The first mentioned was in Harrison Wier`s book our cats and all about them, included information about the earliest cat show held in England in 1871.

Russian story tell Siberian is a natural breed and is the national cat of Russia.

The Siberian have semi longhair and a full coat in the winter, in the summer allows shorter less dens coat.

Russia story tell the Siberian are taken from Russia to Siberia, where they developed their thick coat against the cold winters.

Then later they was brought back to Russia where they bred.

Wild cats have bred with domestic cats and the result was Siberian cats.

The Siberians cats are very territorial and a good hunters.

Some of like to swim and stay close to water.

Not all of the Siberians like water.

Siberians in tundra like to hunt on the ground, but cats in the forest was hunting birds, and fishing in the water.

The Siberians Fife standard http://www.stanlejsiberianscatts.com...atstandard.htm

Neva masquerade is a different breeds and Siberians.

Neva masquerade lilac, fawn, chocolate and cinnamon they can also have Burmese pattern and this is not accepted in Siberians.

How is it that the Siberian is hypo-allergenic?

Scientists have named the protein in the feline saliva, FEL D-1. When the cat cleans itself, the protein then dries on the fur leaving dander. The dander particles are small and air filters cannot remove them from the air. The Siberian is void of the FEL D1 protein, therefore no dander. However if the allergic party suffers from the IgE late trigger' antibody reaction, their chances of compatibility of owning a Siberian are lowered.

Are studies being done on the hypo-allergenic fur?

No official study has been commissioned to date. Someday Science will be interested in this wonderful anomaly. But for now we have empirical analysis. After Hundreds of sales to people with “cat allergies” over an 9 year period, I already know what you must find out, that most people with cat allergies can in fact have a Siberian. In the beginning, I sold two Siberians to an asthmatic named Ernie Sherman. Ernie had a severe allergy to cats and reacted to them by showing asthmatic symptoms. Because of his asthma, Ernie made regular visits to the Mayo clinic. At one point he informed them that he was now the proud owner of two male Siberians. In disbelief the Mayo clinic in Jacksonville Florida began a series of tests testing Ernie with regular cat dander and Siberian cat dander. Ernie knew which was which almost immediately. The regular cat test on one arm produced a baseball size welt while the arm with the Siberian particles had no reaction The Mayo clinic had been using Ernie as their guinea pig, running test after test to try and make him react to Siberian dander. They failed miserably. The doctors still find it unbelievable but are now convinced that there is something very special and different about the Siberians. NINE years later Ernie is going strong and is the proud owner of FOUR Male Siberians.

How was the hypo-allergenic fur discovered?

In 1995 , I made the acquaintance of Gregg Neill, a gentleman who was working on marketing a biodegradable litter from citrus rinds. I asked him if I could try a sample. He said yes, and along with his fiancee', Debbie brought some product to my home. I became aware of his product because I read an article in a trade paper. He mentioned in the article that he didn't have a cat because his fiancee was severely allergic. Once at the house, Debbie remarked that she was not having an allergy attack. I thought it was because she was standing near an air purifier. On her second trip to my house, she remarked again about her lack of reaction. I thought she was standing too close to an open door. I was skeptical. After her third visit, Debbie insisted that there was something uniquely different about the Siberians. Again I wouldn't believe her and she remarked rather vehemently, " Look Lynda, I know my allergies!" I agreed to test her "scientifically". I placed her in a room with more than twenty Siberian adults and told her to pet the cats and then rub her eyes. After about 30 minutes, she left. I had envisioned itchy, watery eyes that had swollen shut. I called several days later to check the results. She was fine. I asked her if she wanted a Siberian, though I already knew the answer. She was so delighted, and has owned one of these beautiful cats since February 1996.

siberianluv

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I have a small Siberian cattery in Central Virginia. I am a registered with TICA and CFA. If you want to check out my site, here's the link www.preshuspaws.com PM as also always welcome.