Siberian Kitty?

Tonykas

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi all, just found out about this site and it looks wonderful. I just bought this kitty yesterday. I was told that she is a pure Siberian, I Have few pictures of her mom as well. Bought her for pretty cheap and was told that breeding rights and CFA papers would cost me a pretty penny. I am not planning on breeding or selling her so the papers did not really matter for me.

Just wanted to see what you guys think.

Thank you ahead for all replies

Attachments

Last edited:

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
I mean- she looks like a Siberian to me. It sounds like the breeder does have the papers, but you would have had to pay extra to obtain them, is this correct? If so, then because the papers are in existence, then she is probably actually a Siberian. Pretty girl for sure!

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Tonykas

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Yes, I would just have to pay extra for the papers. This was a gift for my wife so, I did not really care about the paper and I am not planning on breeding them. But she is so amazing just wow. Follows me and my wife all over the house all the time jumps and runs non stop and loves to climb high.
Thanks for your answer

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I would suggest you you pay for the papers, but abstain from breeding rights. Ie, you DO buy her as a pet (companion cat is it called here in Sweden), but with papers.

Because without papers it doesnt counts for full. With papers and pedigree certificate it counts, even if the looks arent really proper...

Here in Sweden, they are ALWAYS sold with the papers (the pedigree certificate papers in itself doesnt costs much extra, not in USA either). Although it isnt unusual no breedings rights.

haleyds

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I agree with the above but in your case I have encountered breeders here in the south who do the same thing. Offer papers for an extra price even though it costs very little for the breeder to have a litter registered, and if the cat does not come with breeding rights then the papers should come at absolutely no extra price. The only thing "extra" would be breeding rights. But I for sure have met people who do it the dirty way and charge extra for any papers at all.
At the very least I would ask to see both parents pedigrees, so that you can be sure for yourself. She looks right to me and she probably is purebred, but nonetheless if the parents are purebred they should have papers and the breeder should have no problem showing you those documents.