Siberian kitten sneezing and food hesitancy

Siberianmama

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi everyone,

My partner and I recently got two wonderful 3 month old siberian kittens - siblings. However, we have been getting a little worried about one of them. She has been occasionally sneezing - it's not super regular but definitely multiple times every day. She has no nasal or eye discharge. We have cleaned and dusted the apartment and changed their litter, but it doesn't seem to make a difference. I am also hesitant to believe that it's something in the apartment, since we already heard a sneeze or two on the way back from the breeder, although the breeder says that she didn't notice any sneezing when the kittens were still with her. The furbabies received their second shots only two days before we picked them up and I have read online that this could be an issue which would explain the absence of symptoms at the breeder's - but it's now been over a week since that which seems long.

The little one also eats much less than her sister - the weird thing, however is the following: whenever we put out food she runs to the dish and starts eating, but stops relatively soon, seemingly not wanting any more (I estimate that she currently averages at eating around 100-120g per day max). We tried home-made raw food as well as high quality canned food (Leonardo or Wilderness - the same food that she used to get at the breeder) to make sure it wasn't texture, bones or flavour issue. We also played around with its temperature - nothing seems to make a difference. However, yesterday I gave her some fresh raw beef liver sliced into small pieces and she DEVOURED it. Same story this morning. She will also eat chicken heart treats very happily. So I don't think she has no appetite, but seems to not want to eat much of the "normal" food. Her pooping is fine, she is incredibly playful, energetic, affectionate and otherwise seems totally fine. But sneezing and smaller appetite than her sister make me worried. Maybe she just needs less food than her sister? Or do I have an extra picky kitten? Am I over-reacting? Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Thank you!

Nebaug

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Overreacting, lol. Cat are different some are grazer and some are … well vacuums. It may be combination of things. She may have slight touch of allergies (when I brought home my raggy he started sneezing like yours) vet said that everything else is good so let’s wait it out for him to “grow out of it” and he did. If she is playing and have no other symptoms she just may be slow eater. And it has only been a week, let everyone settle in. Congrats, pictures would be greatly appreciated. :)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Siberianmama

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hey Nebaug, thank you for your response. This makes me feel better ;) Below are some pictures of the little rascals!
pic1.jpeg
pic6.jpeg
pic5.jpeg