Siamese Mixed With?

Korinmewmew

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
IMG_6870.JPG
Hello all,

I adopted this beautiful tiny kitten, so I know for sure her mother is a Siamese, but that is all we know. To me she looks like a Birman, she even has white socks on all her paws. What could she be mixed with?
IMG_6773.JPG

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
Yes, she certainly is a Birman lookalike! She could be a Siamese x Birman, or a Siamese x bicolor Domestic Shorthair, but this is impossible to know short of a DNA test. Since she is a mix, she would be called a lilac seal point Domestic Longhair. Absolutely adorable, precious kitty!

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
You dont know the father? Father must of course too have had the point gene, but its not necessary he himself was point.

Do you know mommas looks? She was a point you tell? Purebred siamese, or just someone said she is siamese because she is a point?
How do the littermates looks?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Korinmewmew

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Thank you,

I love her no matter what bread she is. The only problem is that she was the only kitten in her litter so she bites allot. I have tried several things but nothing seems to work. Anyone have any advice?

Korinmewmew

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Well the mother is a Siamese, not sure if it's a purebred. The people that own her have her as an outdoor cat, so that is why we don't know who the father is.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
You must mark it hurts - tell it, ouch yourself, even do hiss - as her siblings or momma would do. Its not enough with doing it once or twice, you must be consistent.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
ps. Both parent must be carriers of the longhair gene. I presume momma is shorthair. Daddy may be longhair, but may be a shorthaired carrier.

Its difficult to know, not having siblings to compare with, dad unknown, and momma point, but really of uncertain breed...

Purebred siameses are seldom carriers of the longhair gene. Even if outcrosses with the longhair balineses are allowed in some associations.

Just be happy you got a beautful sweet kitten, a nice look alike of a pointed Siberian or Birman.

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
Tabby is a color marking, not a breed, so color pointed cats can have tabby markings (what we'd call lynx point in a color pointed cat) I'd describe your kitty's coloring as seal lynx point- in the mitted pattern. That mitted pattern is characteristic of Birmans- which is why we say your sweetie is a Birman lookalike.

Korinmewmew

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Thanks for the info, didn't know that a Tabby was not a breed. I had a kitten before Korin and the vet told me it was a Tabby.

Alejandra Rico

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Thanks for the info, didn't know that a Tabby was not a breed. I had a kitten before Korin and the vet told me it was a Tabby.
That is because, unless you have pedigree papers, any cat will be clasified as a domestic short/long hair, followed by the pattern he or she has. So you had a domestic short hair tabby cat.
I have a persian X called Raistlin (mom was purebreed persian, outdoors cat, so father is unknown), so vet clasified him as a domestic long hair red lynx (well, actually in Spain they use "común europeo" instead of domestic, but It means the same).

Hollyp06

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
What does she look like now? :)
Interested to see if she's long haired!

Korinmewmew

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I thought for sure by her fluffy baby photos she would be long haired! :) she looks like a lighter coloured version of my little guy
Can I see a photo of your little guy?

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He's darkened up a lot since we got him :)
They both absolutely adorable. The little fellow on the left in the composite is a Chocolate Pointed Lynx; his lady Friend at right is too young to pinpoint, although she's certainly Bluepoint based (aa BB dd oo cscs) as opposed to Chocolate-based (aa bb DD oo cscs), and if her points don't darken any further, she will turn out to be a Fawn Lynx Point.

Hollyp06

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
They both absolutely adorable. The little fellow on the left in the composite is a Chocolate Pointed Lynx; his lady Friend at right is too young to pinpoint, although she's certainly Bluepoint based (aa BB dd oo cscs) as opposed to Chocolate-based (aa bb DD oo cscs), and if her points don't darken any further, she will turn out to be a Fawn Lynx Point.
All three photos are him actually :) on the right was when he was a little guy, left is current ! He's darkened a lot!