TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I would compare her with a ragdoll bi-color.  Even if her eyes arent blue as I can see, she is very apparent a point.

Observe, Im not saying she IS ragdoll bi-color, she is surely a domestic longhair, bi-color point, but the look-alikeness is there.

I recently adopted my sweet kitty from a shelter and i was wondering what she could be mixed with. Her other siblings were all short hairs also.  She's been getting pretty puffy and is adorable with a very squeeky voice.

Here she is when she was around 3 months old 

and now around 6 months!

Thanks!!!! 
You tell her siblings are shorthair?  Is any of them a point? How many are they?  Do you know the looks of the parents?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

athesus

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Her other siblings we're a male flame point siamese, short hair, and a lavender point shorthair also.  I have no idea what her parents looked like unfortunately!

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise

Her other siblings we're a male flame point siamese, short hair, and a lavender point shorthair also.  I have no idea what her parents looked like unfortunately!
OK, with all three the chances are big both parents were points, and they may have been shorthairs, but both carriers.

Tehy COULD also be one of each, but  both must be carriers.

The genetics for point and for longhair is essentially the same - both these genes are recessive.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
If the muzzles were more pointed, there could be a theoretical possibility they could even be counted for purebred  IF they had their papers with them; as siamese outcross with balinese is allowed, if the Association gives their OK.

But with these pretty noses in exactly the right  lengh, they are no modern siameses descendants...

So, I still think they are pretty domestics, even if both parents seems to be points.

But this in the pic, being this bi-color and long hair, is easiest to compare with a bicolor ragdoll.

Last edited: