Siamese/Maine Coon Mix?

raven71

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I am trying to see if I can figure out what breed my babies are. Their have a dark striped tabby tail which is not shown in the picture and light tabby markings on their front legs. I've come up with a possible Siamese/Maine Coon Mix. What do you think?

frostythekitten

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Lynx point! Like my baby!

Possibly a ragdoll/snowshoe/Siamese/mutt. (most likely Siamese or snowshoe) Then the other parent would most likely be a cat with a striped coat (tabby), maine coons can be tabby colored. I am pretty sure they are not maine coon do to the fur length. They have much longer fur as kittens.

Very cute little kittens.

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

raven71

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I thought about rag doll also. I will look up lynx point :)

frostythekitten

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I have had two lynx points and they both look so different, so there are so many varieties of colors/patterns.

I'm thinking ragdoll or snowshoe for one of the parents, could be a mix. Their paws have little shoes and ragdolls and snowshoes have those little shoes. When you pick up your babies do they go almost limp? If so, ragdoll. If not, I am betting it is an snowshoe/snowshoe mix for one of the parents. The other parent would most likely be a tabby color, maybe an American short hair, not too sure.

But beautiful kittens!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

raven71

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
They do have the little shoe on their feet [emoji]128062[/emoji] I don't know how I came up with Maine Coon, lol. Definitely lynx point and either rag doll or snowshoe

frostythekitten

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
To me they look more snowshoe, but it could be something else. Prob an mix.

Lol, you probably thought about them due to their stripes, or something like that. Did you see their mom/parents when you go them? Or did you find them on the street, ect.

jen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Raydensmom15

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
His mother and father are my brother's cats and my boys father is purebred mainecoon and the mother is a purebred lynx point siamese

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
His mother and father are my brother's cats and my boys father is purebred mainecoon and the mother is a purebred lynx point siamese
Why on earth did your brother allow 2 different purebred cats breed to each other? That's incredibly unethical.

DaysinMaine

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
When he had gotten the Siamese he was under the impression that she was fixed
Have you seen the registration papers? Is this a thing you are sure about? As mentioned above, your boy is likely a domestic medium/long hair but that's impossible to tell at his age. To me he doesnt look mainecoon at all. Also during the 60s and 70s many purebred siamese toms were not altered, and allowed to roam, causing them to impregnate the domestic cat population. This "siamese gene" is actually a form of albanism that is recessive. This is why two cats who do not look "siamese" can produce "siamese" kittens. When in reality, it just proves that siamese was once in their ancestry on both sides of the family.

I have to agree that it is probably not the best choice to breed these breeds together as it is just creating another domestic short/medium/long hair and not a "fancy mix" and not helping to advance either breed.

https://www.tica.org/pdf/publications/standards/th.pdf

https://www.tica.org/pdf/publications/standards/mc.pdf

Here are tica standards for each breed. I'm assuming your brother owns a cat whom is believed to be "thai" as there is no mistaking a modern siameses genes.