Siamese ancestry?

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
A kitten after a siamese, mated with a non point,  will usually NOT be pointed, unless the other significative is himself a carrier of the point gene...   If so, half of the kittens in the litter will be pointed, half non pointed carriers.

The nonpointed kittens will get their looks from the other significative.

So, your cat MAY be after a siamese, but there is really no strong indicium for it.  Unless you do have also other proofs or indicies...

The body shape isnt very alike modern siamese.

Good luck!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

katayl88

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thanks for your reply :) I really don't know a lot about Siamese cats, other than their beauty! My cat has a strong muscular body, which I wasn't sure is too much like a Siamese. It's just his face and long tail that made me wonder :)

Thanks again.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
 My cat has a strong muscular body, which I wasn't sure is too much like a Siamese. It's just his face and long tail that made me wonder

Ah, a descendant from say, a russian blue, could also have these features...    Or quite a few "common domestic" too...

duckdodgers

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise

Ah, a descendant from say, a russian blue, could also have these features...    Or quite a few "common domestic" too...
My old Russian Blue was a blue pointed kitty.  It still happens from time to time!

More than likely your kitty is a plain domestic shorthair, unless you know something about his ancestry.  The possibility is there, though.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

katayl88

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thanks both of you :) Yes he is a domestic short hair but I was just curious because sometimes these "moggies" can mix with certain breeds somewhere down the line :)

Last edited:

duckdodgers

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Thanks both of you
Yes he is a domestic short hair but I was just curious because sometimes these "moggies" can mix with certain breeds somewhere down the line
They can be, but with kitties it's almost impossible to tell!  I just call my generic black cat my "college campus feral kitten special"  :p  His smile is precious!