Showing Off the Litter

ShereKhanDickon

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My ten-month-old kitty is doing well with her month-old litter of four. She is beginning to spend more time with me and away from the litter. During the course of a long evening, she will go back and forth a time or two.

Now, she will sometimes hop into my lap along with one of the little ones in tow. She has done this four times in the last few weeks.

At this point, I am always counting to insure that everyone is back in the box. She has not done this with anyone else or when I am not in the room.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Sounds like you're her purr-son, and that she totally trusts you. :catlove:

She also sounds like a good mom, considering she is still a kitten herself. Do be extra careful that she doesn't manage to get outside before you can get her spayed, as cats can get pregnant again even while her kittens are still nursing. And also without having a visible heat cycle.

Edit: just saw your other thread about your 2 male cats getting neutered yesterday. Make sure they don't get near mama for a few weeks, as it takes a bit of time for the hormones to leave their systems after neutering, which means they could still get an unspayed female pregnant.