Showing off my darlings

arouetta

Slave of Bastet's acolytes
Top Cat
Purraise
I am pretty sure that none of my cats have a drop of purebred in them for several generations.

My baby, Shadow, would be a tuxedo pattern if she were black and white, but she's gray and white. She also has a very, very short muzzle. The vet calls her a Domestic Long Hair, and her fur almost feels like a cotton ball. It's also a pain to keep mat free, grrrr, and she coughs up hairballs like she has a monthly quota.  Her fur looks a little funny in the picture because part of it had been shaved by the vet.

The next little darling is Montressor. Three people have looked at him and called him a Maine Coon. A fourth person looked at him and said he clearly has a lot of Maine Coon in him. However, he's about half the weight of one. His belly is a creamy reddish color and he has cream and black tabby striping. His chin and jaw are pure white. His fur is long and so silky feeling, and his tail looks like a quill pen, it's so fluffy. Despite his long fur, he's never coughed up a hairball.

The final darling is Midway. He is the traditional orange tabby. Short hair, huge body. All muscle, I can't feel fat, the skin is thin when pinched, but the amount of muscle is crazy.

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
They're all gorgeous, that's for sure! I love Shadow's bib - makes her look fussy! And Montressor does have a bit of a Maine Coon look to him.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

arouetta

Slave of Bastet's acolytes
Top Cat
Purraise
Shadow is very fussy, very demanding.  She's old though, so she's entitled to it.

Montressor also does have the furry paws like I hear Maine Coons have.  But if he does have a Maine Coon ancestor, that can must have found a mate at the extreme other end of the size spectrum, because he is nowhere near the size.

Midway is just Midway.  He eats like Garfield though, but doesn't have the fat or laziness.  He's 10 and he's just finally this year deciding that a nap is better than climbing the door jamb to the top.