Show me your "favorite" fur child

Mac and Cats

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I didn't find a similar thread like this, so I apologize if it already exists!

I know, I know. We don't have "favorites". Neither do I. ;) But some touch our hearts a little differently. Here's my sweet Bubby that we lost in November of 2021 from kidney disease. He was 18. I found him when he was 5 (microchip confirmed his age) as a skinny flea infested cutie. He came to my porch for food several days in a row. I worked to gain his trust and the second he let me touch him, I snatched him up and took him to the vet. His previous owners never responded to the vet reaching out. So, I claimed him. He was the sweetest and I miss him every day.

1676509771665.png

1676509789425.png

catloverfromwayback

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My Caitlin, usually known as Katie or Katiekins. Had her from three months to thirteen years, when cancer killed her within a fortnight of diagnosis. Wonderfully bossy, affectionate little cat, very fond of biting my chin when lying on me. Very long and lean for her size, and with a piercing voice; I sometimes wondered if she had a bit of Oriental in her ancestry. One hell of a hunter (this was in the 90s when I still let my cats outside) - she once took out nine birds in a fortnight (blackbirds, an invasive species) and I once saw her catch a bird in flight. Stupid thing sat twittering at her from a branch about 5’ up, and took off just as she did - end of that bird.

The second photo isn’t my hand, btw. It’s a friend who didn’t have the sense to listen when I told her not to tickle baby Katie’s tummy.

I adored my little Katie. She’s been gone now longer than I had her; 2009, the week of the Black Saturday fires, on her thirteenth gotcha day.

E584076A-4F69-41F0-9F33-E11B6DF3F193.jpeg

54865157-CB73-456F-83ED-71DBF6C4B1C8.jpeg

But I want to add that I love Phoebe and Daisy more than I thought I could when I adopted them. Took longer than with Katie, but they are every bit as much my dear darlings.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
"Favorite"? No such. With over 60 cats in my life so far, and every one of them loved completely and unconditionally, how could I have a "favorite"? My big brofur was 3 when I joined the family, and most of my life has been multi-catted, until June of last year, when Elvis became an "only cat." Here's the silly guy, in one of his many mysteriously fascinating poses.:lol:😆
IMG_1269.JPG