Show me your eyes

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
THERE he is! How are you two doing? Panther looks very handsome, happy, and comfy on his beautiful duvet!
Hi! Yes. We are good. Playing ball with about 4 different balls right now. ๐Ÿ˜„
I'm hanging in there. Just trying to survive as always. My low bk went into spasm above 3 wks ago, & it was bad. I missed 3 days of work. That was not good!! It seems to happen around 1-2 xs) yr, which im grateful its not more, but its still not good. Its that degenerating disc at L2-3 & have a clasp knife hook at S1. So felt like that was maybe catching. ๐Ÿคท.
On a positive, unexpected note, I reconnected with a friend I was in jr high with, & went to the same church, & youth group there. He lives in Asheville (6 hrs away) , & was visiting his parents the wk before Christmas. His mom contacted my sister on FB, to ask if she could have my number. I told my sister it was ok, & he called me later that day. We talked for about 45 mins, & have been texting. Last Sat we talked for 2 hrs! We have a lot of common interests. Its been a nice unexpected thing. ๐Ÿ˜Š.

Panther has his first dental this month on the 27th. I'm hoping its not to bad, & no more than 1-2 extractions. His R fang is a possibility, because the very tip is chipped off. The vet said maybe from an old fight. ..??
but he seems ok. She said it would eventually abscess, so if thats the case, it may need to go ahead & come out, so he doesn't have to go through it again. Theres a bottom one on the R thats hopefully just stained, but we'll see. I've been saving up for it, so I don't have to use care credit. I don't want to ever use that again, unless I have no choice!!
My dental is next month, so I have to save for that too. I have a cpl of questionable bk molars on the bottom. Furthest bk on ea side. ๐Ÿ˜ฌ. So, thats a "we'll see" too...

Last edited:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi! Yes. We are good. Playing ball with about 4 different balls right now. ๐Ÿ˜„
I'm hanging in there. Just trying to survive as always. My low bk went into spasm above 3 wks ago, & it was bad. I missed 3 days of work. Thst was not good!! It seems to happen around 1-2 xs) yr, which im grateful its not more, but its still not good. Its that degenerating disc at L2-3 & have a clasp knife hook at S1. So felt like that was maybe catching. ๐Ÿคท.
On a positive, unexpected note, I reconnected with a friend I was in jr high with, & went to the same church, & youth group there. He lives in Asheville (6 hrs away) , & was visiting his parents the wk before Christmas. His mom contacted my sister on FB, to adk if she could have mt number. I told my sister it was ok, & he called me later that day. We talked for about 45 mins, & have been texting. Last Sat we talked for 2 hrs! We have a lot of common interests. Its been a nice unexpected thing. ๐Ÿ˜Š.
As long as he loves cats. That's the main thing.;) :agree:
Yeah, the spine can be a wonderful thing, or a terrible thing. I do empathize. I don't recall whether or not you have a good chiro?
Keep playing, sweet Panther man!

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
As long as he loves cats. That's the main thing.;) :agree:
Yeah, the spine can be a wonderful thing, or a terrible thing. I do empathize. I don't recall whether or not you have a good chiro?
Keep playing, sweet Panther man!
Yeah, hes a good guy. He sees dear, bears, all kinds of wildlife in his yard. ๐Ÿ˜Š
he said he told his daughter ( has one graduating college & one graduating highschool!) That I was a cool crazy cat lady. ๐Ÿ˜„๐Ÿ˜„ Once he said he just had gotten off a face time call with Panther, & that he apologized for me talking so much, & not letting him talk too. ๐Ÿ˜„

Yes, I have a good chiropractor, but I couldn't go while I was in spasm, because it needed to settle down first. It would have just seized up more if I tried getting adjusted then. Besides its usually mostly on the R side, & I could barely walk, much less drive. Everytime I stepped on my R side, it felt like it was jamming up into my SI joint. My upper glute, / bk of hip area around that SI feels tight. I've stretched & stretched, used the tens unit on it, & my foam roller. Its just not releasing. I think I need to do more of the foam roller, but feels like it could use an elbow in there!!! I think its harder to release, because its the driving leg, so always engaged.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah, hes a good guy. He sees dear, bears, all kinds of wildlife in his yard. ๐Ÿ˜Š
he said he told his daughter ( has one graduating college & one graduating highschool!) That I was a cool crazy cat lady. ๐Ÿ˜„๐Ÿ˜„ Once he said he just had gotten off a face time call with Panther, & that he apologized for me talking so much, & not letting him talk too. ๐Ÿ˜„

Yes, I have a good chiropractor, but I couldn't go while I was in spasm, because it needed to settle down first. It would have just seized up more if I tried getting adjusted then. Besides its usually mostly on the R side, & I could barely walk, much less drive. Everytime I stepped on my R side, it felt like it was jamming up into my SI joint. My upper glute, / bk of hip area around that SI feels tight. I've stretched & stretched, used the tens unit on it, & my foam roller. Its just not releasing. I think I need to do more of the foam roller, but feels like it could use an elbow in there!!! I think its harder to release, because its the driving leg, so always engaged.
Understood. I had times where I had to hang onto the overhead handle on the passenger side of the SUV while my ex drove, and I was screaming all the way. Really hope yours calms down SOON, enough for you to get an adjustment!
The friend sounds nice.
SNORGLES on Panther (virtually, of course!)

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Understood. I had times where I had to hang onto the overhead handle on the passenger side of the SUV while my ex drove, and I was screaming all the way. Really hope yours calms down SOON, enough for you to get an adjustment!
The friend sounds nice.
SNORGLES on Panther (virtually, of course!)
Thanks! It has, that was 3 wks ago, so I got adjusted after acupuncture last wk!
I Could just use a massage is all!!

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you! He was a beautiful cat man. He slept on my pillow every night. He had the best purr and the best cuddle in the world. :)
๐Ÿ’—
He had a very sweet face and adorable paws. I know how hard it is without them. We all have so many sweet memories and stories of the affection of our beloved angel cats! Our beloved angel Suha, who left us in June of last year at almost 18 and who is my avatar, slept up next to my pillow. Before she developed that habit, our beloved angel Tarifa had that spot. My Elvis, who is now an "only cat" isn't a pillow guy, but he does usually sleep next to my side. He often gets up when I turn over, and goes to my other side.

Mac and Cats

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06
Thank you for sharing! It's so hard to go without them, especially when you're use to a snuggle on your pillow every night. Once my sweet Sir left, his brother, Bubby took over immediately. Now that he's gone, our newest senior (adopted at 13 and is now 15) has taken over the spot. ๐Ÿ’— I'm glad Elvis still cuddles with you even if it isn't on your pillow. :)

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06
Thank you for sharing! It's so hard to go without them, especially when you're use to a snuggle on your pillow every night. Once my sweet Sir left, his brother, Bubby took over immediately. Now that he's gone, our newest senior (adopted at 13 and is now 15) has taken over the spot. ๐Ÿ’— I'm glad Elvis still cuddles with you even if it isn't on your pillow. :)
Awwww! Your newest senior is the same age as Elvis, who joined us at 9. The furmily was then Sahra, Maryam, and Suha. All of them have since gone to the Bridge, leaving a lonely Elvis, who's now curled on my lap. He helps me most days in the office, and is the CEO/COO/CFO here. *That last stands for "Cat Food Owner.* What's your newest furmily member's name? I'm glad (s)he has taken over the important duties there.
IMG_2038.JPG

Elvis: Business CATual :redheartpump: :petcat::redheartpump::agree:

Mac and Cats

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
What's your newest furmily member's name? I'm glad (s)he has taken over the important duties there.
Elvis is a handsome guy!

His name is Benji and he is the second newest! We unintentionally got a kitten back in September and his name is Homer (after Homer Wells from the book Cider House Rules). It really was unintentional. A shelter my sister works with (she fosters dogs) had a kitten who was "failing to thrive" that they needed someone to pick up, but my sister was out of town. So, of course he landed at my house and by the time she got back I didn't want to give him up. :heartshape:

Here's a picture of them together, although, Benji could really do without Homer. I keep them separated during the day if Homer can't seem to behave himself (meaning, he's pestering Benji). I work from home, so if he is behaving himself, then I don't separate them. I really only started doing this because it was intrupting my working since I had to get up every 5 seconds and get Homer out of Benji's personal space! Homer is much bigger now and actually weighs more than Benji (that isn't hard since Benji tends to be underweight)!

1676567853752.png

Here's a couple that are a bit more recent. :)
1676568079741.png

1676568132088.png

I don't want to leave our 3rd cat out! This is Molly, she is 13-ish and we've had her for about 7 years. She was my parents' cat prior to that. She's hyperthyroid (so is Benji) and has pretty bad arthritis (Solensia is really helping!). She's a very spicy lady and usually hates all of us, but we love her anyway.
1676568295457.png

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Elvis is a handsome guy!

His name is Benji and he is the second newest! We unintentionally got a kitten back in September and his name is Homer (after Homer Wells from the book Cider House Rules). It really was unintentional. A shelter my sister works with (she fosters dogs) had a kitten who was "failing to thrive" that they needed someone to pick up, but my sister was out of town. So, of course he landed at my house and by the time she got back I didn't want to give him up. :heartshape:

Here's a picture of them together, although, Benji could really do without Homer. I keep them separated during the day if Homer can't seem to behave himself (meaning, he's pestering Benji). I work from home, so if he is behaving himself, then I don't separate them. I really only started doing this because it was intrupting my working since I had to get up every 5 seconds and get Homer out of Benji's personal space! Homer is much bigger now and actually weighs more than Benji (that isn't hard since Benji tends to be underweight)!

View attachment 443778

Here's a couple that are a bit more recent. :)
View attachment 443779
View attachment 443780

I don't want to leave our 3rd cat out! This is Molly, she is 13-ish and we've had her for about 7 years. She was my parents' cat prior to that. She's hyperthyroid (so is Benji) and has pretty bad arthritis (Solensia is really helping!). She's a very spicy lady and usually hates all of us, but we love her anyway.
View attachment 443781
A lovely furmily you have! I'm glad to hear Solensia is helping Molly. Another friend on here, daftcat75 daftcat75 is also thinking about Solensia for his Betty. So you may want to talk with each other about this.
Homer is GORGEOUS. I love all cats, of all types, but the black and tortoiseshell are my favorites, aesthetically speaking.
Benji is adorable! Is he mitted (polydactyl)? What a sweet little face he has! Do you know about/have you seen "Cat Daddy" cat behaviorist, Jackson Galaxy's YouTube videos, Animal Planet series "MY CAT FROM HELL" and/or books on cat intros? Very informative and educational. It took a year for one of our beloved angels, Sammi, adopted at 14, to fit in with our (at the time) large furmily, especially alpha male Calo. There were a couple of times I had to break a screaming, yowling catball up with a broom handle! but eventually everyone adapted, and the guys, who at that time were angels Samuda, Calo, and Sammi, actually formed a "Boys' Club" and spent time in close proximity on beds! They never actually formed a catpile, but being less than a foot away from each other was great progress IMHO!

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A lovely furmily you have! I'm glad to hear Solensia is helping Molly. Another friend on here, daftcat75 daftcat75 is also thinking about Solensia for his Betty. So you may want to talk with each other about this.
Homer is GORGEOUS. I love all cats, of all types, but the black and tortoiseshell are my favorites, aesthetically speaking.
Benji is adorable! Is he mitted (polydactyl)? What a sweet little face he has! Do you know about/have you seen "Cat Daddy" cat behaviorist, Jackson Galaxy's YouTube videos, Animal Planet series "MY CAT FROM HELL" and/or books on cat intros? Very informative and educational. It took a year for one of our beloved angels, Sammi, adopted at 14, to fit in with our (at the time) large furmily, especially alpha male Calo. There were a couple of times I had to break a screaming, yowling catball up with a broom handle! but eventually everyone adapted, and the guys, who at that time were angels Samuda, Calo, and Sammi, actually formed a "Boys' Club" and spent time in close proximity on beds! They never actually formed a catpile, but being less than a foot away from each other was great progress IMHO!
No. I'm not thinking about Solensia for Betty. Not any time soon. We're going to try the ladder of alternatives first. Because neither Betty nor myself want to sign up for monthly vet visits for the rest of her life. We're trying to make things simpler with her. And it would easily be my most expensive subscription. For now, Betty is a blessing to pill. Whatever I can pack in a capsule, dip in Hills A/D, and drop on the carpet for her, she will happily and eagerly scoop and swallow it, wait for the next one, and purr the whole time. She's already getting 100 mg of gabapentin over three daily doses--37.5 mg at breakfast and dinner and a 25 at lunch. Doc says I could go to 50 or 100 at each of those. But I like to use the minimum effective dose with her so we have headroom if her tolerance increases. And anyway, she's taking it for suspected dental pain. When her eating dropped off, that's when she went from 25 twice a day to this three times a day schedule. A dentist consultation is much more likely in her near future than Solensia.

On the ladder of alternatives, I would like to try Dasequin Advanced first. Unfortunately, I left the vet office without some and only when I got home did I realize I can only get that one from the vet. Because changes can be confusing if you try too many at once, the next item on Betty's treatment plan will likely be revisiting her pred dose. Betty seems to get everywhere she wants to. Dasequin Advanced can wait a bit. The doc did mention Adequan as an alternative to Solensia and also something that I could give her myself instead of dragging her and myself down to the vet office once a month. But she also said if I'm thinking about revisiting the pred dose to do that first so that any adverse events that might come up as a result can be easily attributable to the change in pred dose instead of wondering which change caused what.

The difference between Betty and Molly is about 6 years. Molly is 13 years old. Betty was suspected to be five years old when I adopted her. That would make her six now. Mac and Cats Mac and Cats have had Molly for 7 years. I have only had Betty for one year. And what a doozy of a year it's been. She's a wonderfully sweet cat and perfect at taking her own meds (as long as they are packed in capsules and dipped in A/D.) But her many health issues have me understanding why she may have been surrendered. Given her personality and temperament, that must have been one of the hardest decisions her previous pawrent(s) ever had to make.

Last edited:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No. I'm not thinking about Solensia for Betty. Not any time soon. We're going to try the ladder of alternatives first. Because neither Betty nor myself want to sign up for monthly vet visits for the rest of her life. We're trying to make things simpler with her. And it would easily be my most expensive subscription. For now, Betty is a blessing to pill. Whatever I can pack in a capsule, dip in Hills A/D, and drop on the carpet for her, she will happily and eagerly scoop and swallow it, wait for the next one, and purr the whole time. She's already getting 100 mg of gabapentin over three daily doses--37.5 mg at breakfast and dinner and a 25 at lunch. Doc says I could go to 50 or 100 at each of those. But I like to use the minimum effective dose with her so we have headroom if her tolerance increases. And anyway, she's taking it for suspected dental pain. When her eating dropped off, that's when she went from 25 twice a day to this three times a day schedule. A dentist consultation is much more likely in her near future than Solensia.

On the ladder of alternatives, I would like to try Dasequin Advanced first. Unfortunately, I left the vet office without some and only when I got home did I realize I can only get that one from the vet. Because changes can be confusing if you try too many at once, the next item on Betty's treatment plan will likely be revisiting her pred dose. Betty seems to get everywhere she wants to. Dasequin Advanced can wait a bit. The doc did mention Adequan as an alternative to Solensia and also something that I could give her myself instead of dragging her and myself down to the vet office once a month. But she also said if I'm thinking about revisiting the pred dose to do that first so that any adverse events that might come up as a result can be easily attributable to the change in pred dose instead of wondering which change caused what.

The difference between Betty and Molly is about 6 years. Molly is 13 years old. Betty was suspected to be five years old when I adopted her. That would make her six now. Mac and Cats Mac and Cats have had Molly for 7 years. I have only had Betty for one year. And what a doozy of a year it's been. She's a wonderfully sweet cat and perfect at taking her own meds (as long as they are packed in capsules and dipped in A/D.) But her many health issues have me understanding why she may have been surrendered. Given her personality and temperament, that must have been one of the hardest decisions her previous pawrent(s) ever had to make.
Understood. And yes, I hope it was. It should never be easy to surrender a cat.