Shouldnt Have Laughed But I Did.

Silver Crazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I know we shouldn't laugh at other peoples misfortunes but I had a trio of things I saw today that every time had me howling laughing.

First was a guy walking his 2 Husky dogs with his smart phone stuck in front of his face. One dog went one side of the bus stop sign and the other dog the other side. Well you can imagine what happened. Wonder what text messages you can send with your nose??

Second was a women in her big floaty long dress got out of her car right next to me but she had shut her dress in the door. She landed right on her butt.
Hope she didn't hurt herself but was a funny sight.

Third was a big bad bikie on his Harley squeezed up between the cars at the traffic lights and stopped right up against my car..he then looked at me like "what you going to do about it" . at that time the wind blew and his beard went up over his face, the lights turned green and I took off.
My last view of him in the mirror he was still scrabbling at his beard trying to pull it down off his face still stopped at the green traffic lights.

Think I cried laughing all the way home.

One of them crazy Fridays :lol:

Talien

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I know we shouldn't laugh at other peoples misfortunes but I had a trio of things I saw today that every time had me howling laughing.

First was a guy walking his 2 Husky dogs with his smart phone stuck in front of his face. One dog went one side of the bus stop sign and the other dog the other side. Well you can imagine what happened. Wonder what text messages you can send with your nose??
I always laugh when I see some dumbass with their face buried in their phone get hurt. I mean, if they don't want to have something bad happen they shouldn't be using it while driving, walking, mowing the lawn, etc.

JamesCalifornia

Mr.Mom to a house of cats 😇😼
Top Cat
Purraise
~ I admit I have become addicted to my smartphone. However I also enjoy injury-free life! I am very careful . ( I think ) The other day at market a man deep in text was walking right towards the front of my cart. Narrow aisle - nowhere to go - he stumbled a bit and apologized for walking into my cart. I see this quite often ... 😙`👀

rgwanner

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Something sort of similar happened a couple years ago - I was driving from GA to IN. I passed a motorcycle stopped by a cop on the interstate. The bike and the rider were distinctive. About 45 min later, I passed the same biker stopped AGAIN. Maybe not too funny, but I thought - Really? You didn't learn that the cops were patrolling?

Mother Dragon

Cat slave
Top Cat
Purraise
A horrid woman created a terrible scene at a store. As she stormed out, she missed the curb and did a face plant into a huge and nasty puddle. I wickedly made sure she saw me laughing.

When we were sailing, we had a swing keel boat. We were coming into a marina we usually didn't dock at. A guy was standing at the end of the pier at the entrance, waving. He told us th tide was really low and there was a sand bar almost exposed. We pulled the keel up and glided on in. My husband went to get some gas because we were out while I stayed with he boat, just inside the entrance. A big sailing yacht approached so I started waving and hollering to get his attention. I told him about the sand bar. His reply, well-laced with profanity, was that he knew the ##$ marina, so shut up. And with that, he gunned his engine and planted his keel deeply into the sand bar, which in reality was a sticky mud that liked to grab and not let go. The more he tried to get loose, the more he stuck. I knew he couldn't get to me, so I was rolling around, laughing, snickering, and pointing. That only made him try harder. A couple of shrimp boats tried to pull him out, but had no luck. When I left, still laughing and pointing, he was still deeply mired.

marmoset

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
My only hope is that others laugh with me. There have been times when I've fallen right on my butt because of my flowy dress or long hair that gets caught or errant dogs and really all I want is:

the people around me to hold off laughing until it's determined that I don't need to go to an ER.

Then commese with laughing because if I can laugh at myself and they can laugh at me/ with me (I don't care to distinguish between the two).

I think we all need to take ourselves a little less seriously.

So basically you are exactly the type I'd want to have laugh at me when I slip on the ice or get soaked by a car driving through a puddle. I'm genuinely OK with it.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I saw some guy completely engrossed with his phone walk right into a metal box attached to the wall of the subway station :lol: At least he didn't walk right off the platform and into the train pit.

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love when there is poetic justice for people who are jerks while driving. I remember once a guy was very impatient during rush hour and tried weaving in and out lanes to try to get ahead of everyone. He ended up farther back than if he had just stayed in one lane.

Anytime I fall in public, I make sure I am the first person laughing (unless I'm hurt, which thankfully hasn't happened yet). I was in San Francisco, biking up a hill with my mom right in front of me. She stopped. I lost my momentum and fell over a guardrail (there was a walking path on the other side so it wasn't dangerous). I burst into laughter right away, but my sister and my mom both thought I was crying. Also while I was in San Francisco on the same trip, I rolled my ankle and fell over on the sidewalk. My sister thought it was funny because I do not fall gracefully. In my defense, I have weak ankles and I know that if I try to stop myself from falling when I roll my ankle, I'll end up with a sprain, so I just let myself fall.

JamesCalifornia

Top Cat
Purraise
Anytime I fall in public, I make sure I am the first person laughing (unless I'm hurt, which thankfully hasn't happened yet). I was in San Francisco, biking up a hill with my mom right in front of me. She stopped. I lost my momentum and fell over a guardrail
~ You live a dangerous life ..! 😲´

Boris Diamond

Cat Valet
Top Cat
Purraise
40 years ago (originally said 50, senior moment :)), I was driving on the interstate in the fast lane at about ten MPH over the speed limit. I looked to my right and saw a highway patrolman getting on. I slowed down ten MPH. The person behind me immediately lost it. In seconds she was right on my tail, flipping the bird, shaking her fist and flashing her lights. It was quite a display!

There was a place on my right to get out of the fast lane, so I merged right. She went by me yelling something and still making hand gestures. Then she floored it. She was in a large powerful Chevy (Impala?) and she must have been going 20 MPH over the speed limit when she passed that highway patrolman.

She looked to be dressed in an unusual outfit with an unusual hairdo. Maybe she was late for something. I did not catch up to her until she was stopped on the side of the road, flashing blue lights behind her. I could not catch her eye, but if I had, she would have seen me looking at her as if she were a loon!

When I see someone slow down unexpectedly, I assume there may be a reason and become extra alert, checking for brake lights, people or animals near the road or signs of an accident - or even a law officer. :wink: I've wondered what made that person act that way. As I mentioned above, I suspect she was stressed because of running late to be somewhere. I alternated between shaking my head in wonder and laughing for the last 25 miles of that trip.

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Silver Crazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
50 years ago, I was driving on the interstate in the fast lane at about ten MPH over the speed limit. I looked to my right and saw a highway patrolman getting on. I slowed down ten MPH. The person behind me immediately lost it. In seconds she was right on my tail, flipping the bird, shaking her fist and flashing her lights. It was quite a display!

There was a place on my right to get out of the fast lane, so I merged right. She went by me yelling something and still making hand gestures. Then she floored it. She was in a large powerful Chevy (Impala?) and she must have been going 20 MPH over the speed limit when she passed that highway patrolman.

She looked to be dressed in an unusual outfit with an unusual hairdo. Maybe she was late for something. I did not catch up to her until she was stopped on the side of the road, flashing blue lights behind her. I could not catch her eye, but if I had, she would have seen me looking at her as if she were a loon!

When I see someone slow down unexpectedly, I assume there may be a reason and become extra alert, checking for brake lights, people or animals near the road or signs of an accident - or even a law officer. :wink: I've wondered what made that person act that way. As I mentioned above, I suspect she was stressed because of running late to be somewhere. I alternated between shaking my head in wonder and laughing for the last 25 miles of that trip.
Impatience and self importance always bring people unstuck and let them make fools of themselves :doh2:

aliceneko

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Whenever people trip I often can't help but laugh - it's that childish slapstick humour that takes over me, unless of course it's a serious incident! A little trip up the stairs often provides good comedy, though. Maybe I'm just mean :biggrin:

JamesCalifornia

Top Cat
Purraise
Whenever people trip I often can't help but laugh - it's that childish slapstick humour that takes over me, unless of course it's a serious incident! A little trip up the stairs often provides good comedy, though. Maybe I'm just mean :biggrin:
~ Unfortunately I have witnessed people suffer injury when they fall. Older people especially can get hurt very easily. Once in the market I was next to a woman who stepped on something slick ( hand lotion ) and almost fell - I was just in time to catch her . The manager came and had it cleaned up immediately.