Should I Still Be Hoping My Missing Cat Will Come Home?

bita

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Maybe Buttons is your gift from the cat Gods in the absence of sir George. Just a thought. So have you been able to keep his cute butt in?

The animal communicator session was super interesting. This is what she said This was meant to happen. There was no avoiding it and my cat has nothing but unconditional love for me. Im to explore and experience my emotions and this journey as its meant to teach me a lesson. This a divine intervention so to speak. Only through learning my lesson will there be an outcome. My Kali has experienced pain on her journey but not currently experiencing it.  Dr. Laurie said that where ever she is she is alone. Is physically incapable of seeing me because of some barrier but that we would be reunited. Dr Laurie was unsure if this would be in her body that I know or a different one. Im to learn how to be centered and a peace and at home. The outcome of this is reliant on me growing. Dr Laurie has offered another session in a few days to reconnect and re discuss. Ill be doing some personal growth and will be hell bent in doing so..... My next session is scheduled for this Thursday at 630 est. Hopefully we can get a stronger connection and maybe a lead or two. We have made more large posters and are putting them between this house and the previous as well as around us. Im hoping as it gets cooler itll bring our kitty home.

I have been trying to be as positive as possible and searching whenever I can and continuing to feed the ferals around here. Weve been trying to come up with a solution for when winter hits. A safe place for the cats to escape into. Have you found a way of keeping racoons, opossum, fox and coyotes away that wont deter the cats? I hope you continue to post pics of the Catitate. And id love to see pictures of your colony. Hope this message finds you well and sending good kitty juju to you. Be blessed

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Hello @Bita  , how are things going with your search for Kali? Did you get any more leads after talking to the animal communicator?

I haven't posted anything on this thread for a while, but I've been thinking about you and continuing to look for Spike. I still haven't found any sign of her, but I found another lost/abandoned cat out in the woods and have been trying to feed him up and find his people.

http://www.thecatsite.com/t/285497/found-another-one-sigh

I'm not sure how long he had been out there, he was very skinny but I think he's been an indoor only cat so had no idea how to fend for himself. I'm still optimistic about finding Spike. She was such a good little hunter. Even my other cats, who spend all their time in the enclosure, manage to catch at least one bird, mouse or lizard a day between them. Spike's got that whole forest to roam around, she's probably doing a good job of feeding herself.

Today is nine weeks since I last saw her. I've just realised that I never posted any pictures of her.

This is her when she was about four months old, she'd only just got brave enough to come to my house for food with her Mum.

Spike with her brother Marley.

After she disappeared Marley used to stand at the edge of the enclosure and call her. He doesn't do this any more. I wonder if this means she's moved further away or if he's forgotten about her?

I miss that Spiky Little Girl.

bita

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Iv been thinking about you, Spike, Buttons and George a ton. Im positive you are right, Spike has a whole forest and those babies are so good at hunting and providing. The pictures of her and her brother are beautiful. Im shocked but happy that the rest of your colony are able to hunt and give presents in their enclosure even. It certainly does show how resourceful they are. Have you been able to keep Mr Buttons in? Im sending all the best kitty juju to you

Unfortunately still no sign of my sweet Kali baby. We have put out even more signs and further out as well. We have had an enormous amount of leads. Some we are still chasing down cause we have yet to see the cat. I never would have thought that so many kitties look a bit like her. It is so very comforting knowing that so many people are on the look out for Kali and that the kitties that resemble her are being helped. A good many cats are being fed by the people still and these people have been looking for the cats owners as well as a couple of them adopted their Kali twins. According to the animal communicator Kali has made it a good bit back to our previous house but hasnt made it there yet. Im to hope for the best and happiest outcome but was told that cats can reincarnate and Kali hasnt decided if she will come back to me in the body I know or if she will find me again in another life. This is all so difficult to accept but in the end as long as Im reunited with my child Im a happy person. I am still having so much trouble not dwelling or worrying all the time. Also the guilt is still overwhelming but I digress.....

We have also been found by yet another stray lol. He a beautiful boy that definitely has known a human. He growls while being pet but totally understands that Im not a threat and knows how to rub and lift his face for optimal petting angles. I will be posting him online to see if anyone is looking for him.  It is strange how they will gravitate and find people that are willing to help and its a true blessing and a beautiful distraction. Your stray Forest is just stunning. Im glad he is feeling better :)

Oh and just one more update. The rest of our Kitty clowder have never been extremely cuddly but in the past week I have had my two alpha males step up and take turns cuddling with me the same ways Kali would if she were here. They are her kittens so maybe she can communicate with them and told them to keep me warm til she comes back. Halloween approaches and I wish you all well and happy fall to you all

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Hi Bita,

Sounds like you had an interesting chat with your animal communicator. I've always wondered whether cats are able to find their way back to their old home. Do you think Kali would walk in a straight line to get back there? Or maybe choose the quietest route? If Spike decided to head for her old home she'd have to go downhill through the forest for about 3~4 miles, cross a four-lane bypass and then keep going downhill through farmland and back yards. The only really dangerous part would be crossing the road, but if she crossed at night there would be very little traffic. I get the feeling she isn't around here any more.

I go back to our old place about twice a week to take some extra treats for the cats that are still there. My old neighbor's 15 year old son has taken over feeding the colony now. He keeps me updated on who is around, who is friends with who, who has been in a fight. He's a good kid.

I've had to admit defeat when it comes to keeping Button in. I put up some extra netting but it didn't stop him and the other cats started using it to ambush birds. They'd wait until a bird landed then rush at them. The bird would try to take off, be stopped by the overhanging net and forced to drop back down. They got four birds one evening. I took all the extra net down again as it wasn't stopping Button and none of the others can get out whether it's there or not.

Button never goes that far. I hope he's happy with his bit of territory the way it is. I saw a bear while I was out for a walk the other day. Only a small one, but it gave me a shock. I've never seen a wild bear before.

It's funny how stray cats seem to gravitate towards us, isn't it? I think they must pick up on the energy we put out when we are looking for our lost cats. Good luck finding your new stray's people. It would be great if he could be reunited with his family.

bita

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I love that the kid is helping. Training the younger ones well you are.  And i hope Buttons is safe too. The bear thing would unnerve me. My experience from living in Maine is late winter early spring is the most likely time for bear mischief. I hope he stays far away.

Speaking of gravitating towards us....We went to hunt down a lead yesterday near our old house. We went to the last area the man said he saw the cat and I started calling. A wee mew replied. We searched the woods and found a kitten stuck pinned to the ground by a bunch of thorny vines. We freed the poor fella and I un stuck his eyes (they were covered in goop) and rushed to get him formula as I estimate him to be maybe 3 weeks old. When we were in petsmart a vet tech approached me cause I was talking to the associate about what I would need. Iv never hand raised a wee one. She checked him over and said despite how we found him he appears to be in good health. I worried about his eyes but they are slightly better. I'm already attached and a tad over whelmed. Unfortunately still no Kali. But the way all this worked out its like we were fated to find the little guy. We have named him Silas since it means woods or forest which is where we found him. Ill attach a photo

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Oh, look at that sweet little thing!

I think you're right Bita, you were fated to find Silas. Whenever I've been looking for a lost cat other needy cats come my way, Strange how that happens, I know lots of other people have had similar experiences.

Most feral kittens I've taken in have had sticky eyes. It's often because they have a cold, you can get cold medicine in liquid form that you just syringe into their mouths once a day. You can get some eye drops from your vet too. I always have a bottle in the fridge as my cats are prone to watery eyes, particularly as the weather gets colder. If you keep them in the fridge they're good for a couple of years.

I'm glad you found him. Come on Kali, time to come home too.

bita

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
definitely time for my girl to come home. Well Silas is doing great. I took him to a vet last friday and his eyes are much better. They didnt give me drops but told me what to look out for and they also de wormed him and gave him a couple drops of advantix. The vet saw him for free and now we have found our vet for everyone since we still hadnt found a new one. They certainly win lol  Im about to introduce him to some gruel of wet kitten food and formula, wish me luck! also he gets to meet a litter box for the first time tonight as well. No luck on Kali yet but we still have leads and people keep sending us pictures off their wild life cameras and such. Coming up on 4 months since Iv seen her beautiful face. The time hasnt made anything any easier. I miss her more and more each day. Got more large posters to make though....How are things in your world Norachan? And of course how is your colony? Send all the best juju and vibes to you and yours lady friend

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise

definitely time for my girl to come home. Well Silas is doing great. I took him to a vet last friday and his eyes are much better. They didnt give me drops but told me what to look out for and they also de wormed him and gave him a couple drops of advantix. The vet saw him for free and now we have found our vet for everyone since we still hadnt found a new one. They certainly win lol  Im about to introduce him to some gruel of wet kitten food and formula, wish me luck! also he gets to meet a litter box for the first time tonight as well. No luck on Kali yet but we still have leads and people keep sending us pictures off their wild life cameras and such. Coming up on 4 months since Iv seen her beautiful face. The time hasnt made anything any easier. I miss her more and more each day. Got more large posters to make though....How are things in your world Norachan? And of course how is your colony? Send all the best juju and vibes to you and yours lady friend
Hi Bita,

I haven't posted anything here for the past few days as I've been holding my breath for most of the weekend. The 26th ~ 27th of October are always unlucky for me. For the past three years in a row I've lost cats on these days. One was hit by a car, one was taken by a fox and last year one of the feral kittens I'd been taking care of died on that day. I thought everyone would be safe this year as they're all in their enclosure but I didn't want to jinx it. So far everyone is safe and well. (touch wood) I was hoping that my luck might turn around and I'd catch a glimpse of Spike, but no. She's been gone 3 months now.

You're lucky to have so many helpful neighbours. Do lots of people have wildlife cameras out? Now that the summer is over there is no one around here at all. I've been doing lots of poking around wood piles and peering under people's porches to see if there is any sign of a cat hiding out there.

There is one feral tom cat in the area. He obviously does a good job of feeding himself, he looks really healthy. I've left food out for him a few times, thinking that if he shows up regularly it would be a good idea to TNR him, but he rarely touches it. I guess fresh mice and birds are more tempting than anything out of a can.

Good luck with your new leads on Kali. I'm glad to hear that Silas is doing better, he sounds like a tough little guy.

buffy2011

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
  HI Bita

I haven't posted but I have been reading all your posts to see if Kali has returned or you found her.  Have you had any sighting at all? If they only  knew how heart broken we are when they are gone. I had two ferals outside my house that I have been feeding for a year. I had one spayed and shots and released her. After I had her done  I was thinking that I would never be able to catch these cats again, so I decided to have extra tests done on them, so that they are more protected out there. Just a month ago I caught the other and was going to have it neutered and they found it already had been neutered.  Since I did the extra testing, they also found the FIV virus, so I had it put to sleep. I felt really bad because these two were kinda friends. Any how last week the other one went missing. I haven't seen her for a week. I have a camera out and she seemed to be alright. I didn't notice anything out of the ordinary.  But leading up to that day, now that I think back, she wouldn't be there a day every once in a while. She was always there every night. So I am really concerned. Since they both were friends and the other one had the FIV virus maybe something happened to her. Since she was spayed you would think that they don't travel that far. I really don't know because this is the first two ferals that I had gotten Spayed- Neutered- Return.  So I am leaning alot about them. I just hope she returns. I just went out and looked under my shed to make sure she wasn't sick and laying there. I had gone up and down the road to make sure she wasn't hit by a car. So I really have no idea, I just hope she comes back. And I hope your Kali returns also. Just keep looking, she is out there somewhere.

bita

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
hey ladies. Still no firm sightings of Kali. A few people do have cameras out. I spoke to another animal communicator that contacted me on fb. She had me ask a bunch of questions... Ill copy and paste the convo below....

Questions I have for Kali: Is she still alive? Yes I am. Is she suffering or has she been hurt or in any pain? No, not suffering, hungry, scared some, no pain. How is she feeling? Happy now (speaking to me, trying to reach mom but she doesn’t hear me) How are you trying to reach her? Thoughts, I’m okay, didn’t like new house, scared, ran off, lost Have any people been mean to her? has she been eating? Some days when I find food. Are you outside? Most of the time Is she trying to find our old trailer? No too far, don’t know where. If so is she confident that she is getting close? Has she found shelter and is staying in that place?  Not really, sometimes under porch, hide wherever. Are you always in one place? No, move around, chase birds Can she describe what or where that shelter is? Various houses, farms (see chicken coupes, large fields with woods on the edge) does she hate me given our last interaction? No, she was stressed, I was scared, didn’t like move, too far. Does she know how much I love and miss her? Yes, I know, love her too Can she tell me what she sees right now ie what or who she is around? Laying in woods, (hear cars on highway in the distance) Or also what she has seen in her travels? Cows, cats, dogs (I run and hide), mouse, squirrels, chipmunks, active, fun Does she recognize anything that she is around? No never been here before Does she know if she has gotten far away from where she escaped? Not that far, I think, hard to say, run and hide. can she give a direction? West??? Where there are less people. Is she by herself or has she found people or a cat colony? No people, by self sometimes, other cats but not much is she scared or has she gotten used to being outside and ok? I’m okay What can I do more to help find her? Let go, I’m okay Will she respond if she sees or hears me? Of course, have not seen or heard. I’m gone is there something preventing her from being able to come back to the new house or find the old house? I don’t want to go there (new house) Does she know how to get back to the place she escaped from. Not sure, have not tried. Has she seen me or have I been close at all? What time is she usually actively moving around? Anytime, not dark

So now im gunna try to search for what she said and maybe post up our game cam further and further. This pain never eases. If anything its worse the longer its been especially now that its unseasonably cold here. Its getting to 32 degrees at night here and even snowed the other day briefly.  I still have that guy that hasnt sent me a picture. he swears he has a cat that looks exactly like her but dude is acting sketchy and I requested a pic to be sure he had any cat at all. Nora you have tons of out door cats. Should I be worried about the temp? they find shelter anywhere they are, right? Im so sorry Spike hasnt come home. But glad to hear that Tom is good for providing for himself. Also I totally understand the date thing and Im knocking on wood for you.

Buffy Im sorry your little lady isnt around. The spay is pretty traumatic. She is most likely lurking and once she kinda forgets the trauma Im sure she will be back. She also may be searching for her friend :/ for an indoor cat fiv isnt necessarily a death sentence but I understand why you had to put him down. Poor guy. and poor you. hugs to you
He is in a better place now or reincarnated and hopefully will have a loving home. Stay strong and of course Im still looking. I cant give up on my baby I gotta find her. Without her I fear Ill never be whole again.  please do keep us updated. we are all in this together

buffy2011

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi Bita,

The first feral was already spayed and on her own, the second was the one that we found had FIV. The reason he was put down was because it was feral and it was outside and I didn't want it being sick  and people being mean to it. I knew I would never catch him again, and wouldn't know when he was sick, so I chose to do it now, and also the disease wouldn't be spread. That's why I started doing that extra testing. But I didn't do that to the first feral. That's why I was thinking she got sick and left, but she looked OK. I try not to think about it, it was sad that I had to put him down, knowing they were friends. And now its sad because she is gone. She came every night, so I think she was doing OK without him. But I'm sure she missed him. I'm interested in this animal communicator that you talk about. Do you believe in what  they say?How do I find one and are they expensive? I had gotten a nice house for them both this year, made a feeding station that was out of the weather, ordered another heated bowl. I was trying to make it really nice this year and then I had to put him down, and she went missing. I'm hoping someone tried to take her in and tame her. This is just a guess, but I was hoping. I did call two vets in the area, just to see if anyone trapped a cat and brought her in. I did ask a few neighbors, but I am going to ask a few more. Even if they say they saw her I at least know she is around. She is very easy to recognize so there is no mistake if they saw her. But I know she would definitely be there if she was around, I have been feeding her for over a year. I just don't know.

bita

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise

Hi Bita,

The first feral was already spayed and on her own, the second was the one that we found had FIV. The reason he was put down was because it was feral and it was outside and I didn't want it being sick  and people being mean to it. I knew I would never catch him again, and wouldn't know when he was sick, so I chose to do it now, and also the disease wouldn't be spread. That's why I started doing that extra testing. But I didn't do that to the first feral. That's why I was thinking she got sick and left, but she looked OK. I try not to think about it, it was sad that I had to put him down, knowing they were friends. And now its sad because she is gone. She came every night, so I think she was doing OK without him. But I'm sure she missed him. I'm interested in this animal communicator that you talk about. Do you believe in what  they say?How do I find one and are they expensive? I had gotten a nice house for them both this year, made a feeding station that was out of the weather, ordered another heated bowl. I was trying to make it really nice this year and then I had to put him down, and she went missing. I'm hoping someone tried to take her in and tame her. This is just a guess, but I was hoping. I did call two vets in the area, just to see if anyone trapped a cat and brought her in. I did ask a few neighbors, but I am going to ask a few more. Even if they say they saw her I at least know she is around. She is very easy to recognize so there is no mistake if they saw her. But I know she would definitely be there if she was around, I have been feeding her for over a year. I just don't know.
Oh I see. I pray you are right. It would be amazing if she found a home. Bless your heart. you provided such a kind loving environment. They notice efforts like that. They are super sensitive creatures and any kindness shown in life is remembered and cherished.  We have 4 ferals we feed regularly and one that comes and goes as she pleases.We are lucky if we see her once a week. Also another stray was here for a few weeks. He finally let us pet him a bit and was very comfortable in our presense and he hasnt been around in almost a week. I hope he has found his home. He definitely knew people before us.  absenses are certainly unsettling.  It a great idea to ask the neighbors. We got to know ours mighty quick when Kali went missing. If you live in a kind community there may be many feeders like there are here. I was surprised to find that 5 houses around us put out food for the kitties. A good many other will put out left overs occasionally as well. I hope for nothing but the most positive outcome for you with your feral baby. That is awesome that you have done some sprucing. She will be very comfortable if she hasnt been taken in by someone and comes back. I wish I had the funds to set up more of a shelter. We have a screened in porch that they eat in every night and some boxes set up with fuzzy blankets. We hope to catify the outside as soon as funds allow.

Some communicators out there Im sure arent legit....just like some mediums. That Teresa long island medium seems like the real deal so I have to believe that others can speak with our fuzzy babies. I do believe to a degree what they say. I have actually spoken to two of them. I found the first one through a google search. It came up with a data base of communicators. The first one was very expensive if she had charged. I had explained my situation and she did a reading out of the kindness of her heart. The second was introduced to me by a local person that had come across my many facebook posts. The second one is local and also waived her fee. These are the people that are easy to believe. They gained nothing but fantastic karma and if this helps lead me to her , a very indebted, animal loving, fantastic cook. Only time shall tell how accurate they are. Some of what they said aligned so thats pretty neat.  We are searching the specific areas that she described. Also Im not the only one on this thread that have spoken to communicators. Norachan herself did about George. Any who, blessings to you all!

segelkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
back in Laguna Woods, CA after a 2 yr absence
I do feel so sorry about you and others loosing cats, domestic or feral, without knowing what has happened to them. I have lost one 6 years ago and I still sometimes think about him and wonder what happened to him. He had a good home and one day decided to take a walk as he had done before and never returned.

What I don't understand is how intelligent people can believe that a person who claims to "communicate" with animals really can do that. Might just as well ask a Ouija board or a fortune teller. I know you are grasping at straws but I think you would be better off to concentrate on the here and now, assume that your lost cat has found a new home and take care of the ones that are with you. 

mysticdragon72

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I feel for you as well since I too have a lost cat but my boy has been missing for almost two years and I have never got any sightings of him either. He was a stray that showed up at our house starving and he ended up not leaving until we moved. He got out and has never been seen again... No one around our old place or new place has seen him at all. Good luck finding him

segelkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
back in Laguna Woods, CA after a 2 yr absence
I feel for you as well since I too have a lost cat but my boy has been missing for almost two years and I have never got any sightings of him either. He was a stray that showed up at our house starving and he ended up not leaving until we moved. He got out and has never been seen again... No one around our old place or new place has seen him at all. Good luck finding him
How odd and similar to you. My Bustapher just walked onto my patio, scratched on the sliding door and walked into my livingroom as if he lived there and made himself at home. No collar, no chip and not altered. When I could not locate the owner I had him fixed and put a collar on him. I had not yet heard about chipping. He stayed with me for 6 years and then I planned on moving. Several days before the move he walked away and never came back. Nobody had seen him, signs all over the neighborhood with my e-mail address and cellphone number brought no results. With heavy heart I moved 1700 miles away. Perhaps Bustapher found his previous people who would be surprised to find him altered but healthy. I refuse to think bad thoughts that would only make me sad.

mysticdragon72

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Well my Peaches showed up on Father's Day back in 09 while my hubby was out cutting grass.  The garage door was open and he happened to see this little orange kitty run into the garage and so he came in to look and couldn't find him.  Mind you, the garage was a mess with stuff all over so there were plenty of hiding places! Hubby came inside and told me there was a cat in the garage and asked me to do something about it LOL 

He's not a cat person, but I went out in my PJ's and got a can of cat food and tempted the little buggar out of hiding.  He was sooo skinny and gobbled up the food even though he was terrified of me.  He ended up being my cat after that and hang out in the garage for about three years.  He must of been someone's pet because he was declawed and neutered when he showed up so I took him to the vets once I could catch him and he was actually perfectly healthy other than his weight.  Didn't take long for him to get back his weight though and over those three years we realized that he was a great hunter even without his claws.  We moved in the winter of 2011 though and the new place didn't have a garage so he was kept in the basement.  He was never allowed in the house though since we already had two indoor cats and the one and only introduction was a disaster!  A month after Christmas we decided it was time to introduce him to his new neighborhood and he ran out the door and disappeared!  I haven't seen him since and neither has anyone else around here... our old place is only about 5 miles from this place so I was hoping he might have found his way back there... I asked my old neighbors and none of them saw him at all either.  I still keep in contact with them too and no one has seen him in the last two years so I have no clue what happened to him.  I even went around here and asked the "crazy cat lady" down the road since she seems to end up with all the neighborhood strays but she hasn't seen him either.  So, it's a mystery.  I think about him all the time but I doubt I'll ever really find out where he ended up or if he lived for long after he got away.

I do still have my two old housecats though so they keep me busy :)

ttfn

MD

buffy2011

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Bita,

Weather I am crazy or not I just sent about 25 e-mails out to animal commutators to try to get some response. Don't know if I have to be in there area or not but it was worth a try. I will let you know what happens.

bita

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
What I don't understand is how intelligent people can believe that a person who claims to "communicate" with animals really can do that. Might just as well ask a Ouija board or a fortune teller. I know you are grasping at straws but I think you would be better off to concentrate on the here and now, assume that your lost cat has found a new home and take care of the ones that are with you. 
I focus on the here and now....trust me....I have 5 indoor cats one of which we found at 4 weeks old trapped in the woods, we care for 6-8 out door ferals and also have a dog. all of which are loved and not neglected. I spend my time also making and posting signs, networking, searching locally as well as online for my missing baby. It may seem like "grasping at straws" to you and that fine. I choose to believe in the universe and in entities that help us and guide us....not unlike most mainstream religions. Have any opinion you desire. But I choose to maintain faith, not be negative or be judgmental of others and to not look a gift horse in the mouth. You never know what can lead you back to a missing fluffy child. I refuse to give up hope and to try anything within my power. Sorry you lost yours but no need to be rude to those that do everything they can to find theirs.

Bita,

Weather I am crazy or not I just sent about 25 e-mails out to animal commutators to try to get some response. Don't know if I have to be in there area or not but it was worth a try. I will let you know what happens.
Good for you! I did the same thing. and honey any thing is worth a try. Only we can advocate for our babies. I do hope it leads somewhere and please keep us posted