Should I Still Be Hoping My Missing Cat Will Come Home?

shadowsrescue

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We have had a few days of warmer weather which helps out tremendously.  I know Patches will not come when it is warm.  Yesterday I received an email from a posting I had made of Patches back in October.  Someone thought they spotted him around 1:30 in the afternoon a few blocks from me.  Who knows if it was really him, but I was told he was nearby.  I am just hoping that some other kind soul is taking care of him.  When I watched my camera feed from last night I thought maybe he was lurking around as Shadow was patrolling the deck for hours.  He kept looking under the deck where Patches would come up.  Yet after a few hours, it was only a darn raccoon. 

I believe that he is quite spooked by Stellar.  Patches and Shadow know each other from years together, but Stellar is new. Last winter when Patches was here off and on, I had another stray/feral.  This was my orange cat who is now living in the house.  Patches was scared to death of this orange cat.  I would often catch him coming into the yard and leave immediately when he saw the orange cat.  The orange cat was a fighter so Patches was correct to be leary.  Yet my Stellar is so kind and gentle.  He wouldn't hurt a flea. 

I keep wishing for Patches to come see me during day light.  I was a bit encouraged yesterday when he was spotted out during day light.  It was warm so he might have been enjoying the sunshine.  Yet he chooses not to come back.  It has now been almost 10 days since his last sighting.  It is to get cold tonight and remain so for awhile.  The cold might bring him back.

Thoughts and prayers are continuing for George and Kuzon. 

luvnickles

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
ShadowsRescue,

Forgive me if you have described your outdoor setup already...but I was pondering what you said about Patches being afraid of Stellar.  Can you set up an outdoor space just for Patches?   Something like a doghouse except for a cat that would allow him shelter but also freedom to come and go?  Could you put anything that still has his smell on it...like a blanket or even something with your smell to entice him in?  I'm thinking of the trap training I did... except in this case it would be putting a house out with food and ideally it could be placed further out and then if Patches starts visiting it, moved closer into the yard.  The trick would be to keep stellar away from it.  He may not ever come back into your house, but if it worked, at least you would know he had a safe place on your property.

Norachan,

Keep those posters up and put them out as far as you can.   As you say, you just need someone to put the two together.  You are lucky to have the tv/radio spots available to you as well.  I'm so sorry to hear that it is so cold even during the day, but apparently cats...even domesticated ones, do ok in very cold weather.  they get into trouble when they get wet and are exposed but for George, who has been out for so long, you have to assume he has found makeshift shelter that he is using and so even if it rains, he will be ok.  You just need to get a positive sighting.

I had another phone call on a Siamese back in the location I had been trapping those ferals a few weeks ago.   I can't help thinking it is that same Siamese look alike.  I've seen him out there - and I think people want so much to help that they pick up the phone and call.  Still - the caller said she felt sure it was more of a mix like kuzon...with more white, and was not a pure Seal Point like the one I saw.   And there was the call weeks back from a guy who said he saw two Siamese cats...one that was pure and one that he was also sure was Kuzon.

So I have set up a new feeding station and am hoping to borrow back the trail cam to try to eliminate or positively identify this new sighting.  When I first got calls like this, my emotions would fly sky high....of COURSE it was Kuzon.  Now, I am a little jaded.  I'll check it out, but I am keeping an even keel.  it is hard to believe I could have spent so much time trapping and filming out there and never got a glimpse of Kuzon when I caught all the others on film....and  yet.....gotta stay positive...  c'mon George.  c'mon Patches.  C'mon Kuzie....we love you and are waiting for you!!!

shadowsrescue

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

ShadowsRescue,

Forgive me if you have described your outdoor setup already...but I was pondering what you said about Patches being afraid of Stellar.  Can you set up an outdoor space just for Patches?   Something like a doghouse except for a cat that would allow him shelter but also freedom to come and go?  Could you put anything that still has his smell on it...like a blanket or even something with your smell to entice him in?  I'm thinking of the trap training I did... except in this case it would be putting a house out with food and ideally it could be placed further out and then if Patches starts visiting it, moved closer into the yard.  The trick would be to keep stellar away from it.  He may not ever come back into your house, but if it worked, at least you would know he had a safe place on your property.

I have a tent like structure that is on my deck.  It's actually from Shelter Logic and called a Shed In A Box!  Inside I have an outdoor loveseat that has heating pads as well as 2 smaller outdoor tents.  The cats can snuggle together in a smaller space.  The front flap is open from the ground about 2 1/2 feet as the cats freak if they can't see out.  I also have 2 feeding stations on the deck as well as an enclosed wooden structure on a table where I keep dry food out at night.  Being up on a table keeps most of the wild life out.  Patches knows he can get food there and he has done so 3x so far.  Underneath this feeding table, I have a small kitty heated kitty camper.  It is 15 feet away or so from the tent and has 2 entrances/exits.  Putting an article of my clothing in there might be a good idea.  So far Patches has not gone near it.  I have also thought of putting something under the deck as that is where I see him coming up and leaving.  He might just be sleeping under there some nights. 

Patches did appear again last night, but was there so very very briefly.  Shadow tried to greet him, but he ran off.  I believe he is very frightened.  The pictures I am getting of him are really hard to see.  I am going to borrow a trail camera and see if I can get some better shots.  My brother has one and I will borrow it for a week or so.  I want to get a good look at Patches. 

Also last night another cat appeared.  This cat also appeared last week.  I believe it is my neighbors and he causes all kinds of trouble.  He got in the food house last night (for the first time) and ate all the food.  Patches arrived about 30 minutes after this cat and didn't even attempt the food house.  He might have been under the deck watching things.  I think I will move one of my cameras under the deck too.  I did that last spring and it was quite eye opening!!  I had a steady stream of wild life under there!!  Yet I would love to see what Patches is doing under there.  It's just such a pain to move the cameras and it's really cold outside. 

I just remember I have an old rubbermaid container downstairs that I had used years ago.  It has an exit and entrance and is large.  I could put it out with the heat pad and maybe Patches will go into it.  I certainly could put it under the deck away from the other cats.   So much to think about. 

shadowsrescue

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I had another phone call on a Siamese back in the location I had been trapping those ferals a few weeks ago.   I can't help thinking it is that same Siamese look alike.  I've seen him out there - and I think people want so much to help that they pick up the phone and call.  Still - the caller said she felt sure it was more of a mix like kuzon...with more white, and was not a pure Seal Point like the one I saw.   And there was the call weeks back from a guy who said he saw two Siamese cats...one that was pure and one that he was also sure was Kuzon.

So I have set up a new feeding station and am hoping to borrow back the trail cam to try to eliminate or positively identify this new sighting.  When I first got calls like this, my emotions would fly sky high....of COURSE it was Kuzon.  Now, I am a little jaded.  I'll check it out, but I am keeping an even keel.  it is hard to believe I could have spent so much time trapping and filming out there and never got a glimpse of Kuzon when I caught all the others on film....and  yet.....gotta stay positive...  c'mon George.  c'mon Patches.  C'mon Kuzie....we love you and are waiting for you!!!
I know what you mean about each call causing your emotions to run high.  I have received 3 emails in the past 2 days about possible Patches sightings in the area.  I jump at each one of them, only to be disappointed later.  Most of the time, it is just another multi colored cat.  I even went to a Muffler shop about 6 weeks ago.  This cat was grey!  I do give people credit for contacting me as one of these times it just might be the right call!! 

So spent a number of hours today putting together a rubbermaid container with a heat pad for Patches.  Of course that I spent all of this time, either no one will use it or some other critter will use it!!  I did have an old rubbermaid container, but of course the heat pad didn't fit.  Then I had another one that was larger, but it was too tall to fit under the table or under the deck.  So I ran to Target and found one on sale.  I also moved one of the cameras under the deck.  I hope to catch a glimpse of not only Patches, but the other cat.  I hope to get the trail camera tomorrow and get a couple of better pictures.

Once my brain gets working it's so hard to turn it off.  I exhaust myself working on new ways to keep all of my cats safe, warm and well fed.  Yet, I love them all to pieces. 

tammyjane2011

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I admit that I only read the first question. I am responding because I feel deeply that there is a chance to find your cat. I had a cat adopt me over a year ago. I am still trying to find the owner. Keep looking in the lost and found sites

T

shadowsrescue

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have had quite a strange turn of events.  Patches has been here for 3 straight nights.  Yesterday morning I had errands to run.  I decided that while I was driving I would have a conversation with Patches.  We seem to have some kind of strange connection.  I told him that it was going to get cold in the next few days and that in order for him to survive in this bitter cold weather, he needed to have some good food.  I told him that if he came before I picked up the food for the day, he could have as much wet food as he wants.  I also asked him to come so I could see him.  I told him about the shelter, but as said it was ok if he just came for food.  I only wanted the best for him. 

We were home last night for New Years Eve as my son had a bunch of teen age boys over.  Around 8:30 DH and I were watching football and I looked out and couldn't believe it, there was Patches.  He went into the feeding stations, but the wet food was gone.  I quickly went out and took him food.  He ran under the deck, but came out once I was back inside.  I watched from inside and couldn't get over how different he looked.  The last time I saw him in person was March 15.  It had been over 9 months.  He took a very long time to eat.  Shadow was hiding under a love seat nearby.  After he finished, I went out to see if he wanted more.  He scampered back under the deck.  I called to him and he peaked out and meowed over and over.  He then came right to me and allowed me to pet him.  I was in shock, but also in panic.  At that moment, I was completely uncertain if it was actually Patches.  After 9 months away would he really come to me so quickly?  His large head was the same and so was his raccoon like tail, but his body was skinny and his fur was not the same.  Patches had lots of swirls in her fur.  This cat I could not tell.  Maybe his fur was in such bad shape from lack of nutrition.  I have no idea.  Also when I had him neutered in March, he was supposed to have an ear tip.  I never got a very good look at him after the neuter.  I kept him in my basement all night, but the lighting was poor.  I remember not being able to tell.  Patches had long pointy ears.  This cat had one pointy ear and one more rounded, but not sure if it was an ear tip.  At this point I almost ran inside.  I felt like the universe was playing a cruel trick on me.  If it was another cat, why or why did it look so much like Patches and if it truly was Patches why or why couldn't I recognize him?

I spent the remainder of New Year's Eve going over ever picture I had of Patches.  I am still uncertain. 

At 5am again this morning he appeared again.  He wandered the entire deck.  He did the things he used to do.  He went into the structure I call the "food house".  It was a feral villa DH built that no one used.  I have it up on a large table and in the winter I keep some dry food out for the cats.  Patches knew of this and got it in right away.  Last night he must of curled up in it for awhile as he was in it for almost 30 minutes. 

I will be on the look out for him today.  I just do not know how to tell if it's really Patches.  I feel like an idiot.  Is it possible for him to his coat to look so different?

Happy New Year everyone and thank you from the bottom of my heart for all of the support.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Happy New Year! :cross: that Patches is there to stay!

Malnutrition can make a huge difference in a cat's coat. Years ago we took in a feral who'd been fending for himself for quite a while after his colony was shut down. After a couple of months of regular nutritious meals, his coat went from sparse and brittle to thick and shiny. We've witnessed the same thing with Mogli, who'd had chronic diarrhea and malabsorption for months before we adopted him. His coat was very short and thin with some almost bald spots, and brownish-black. After being treated for an E coli infection and put on prescription food for allergies and IBD, his coat has become inky black and lush. We've boarded him twice at the shelter where we adopted him, and several of the volunteers have remarked that he doesn't look like the same cat (though part of that is simply that he's now an adult).

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was going to say the same. His coat certainly wouldn't look the same.
Why shouldn't he recognise you? Cats that have been missing for a really long time and been adopted who eventually track you down always recognise their real mummies. If you can understand that!

luvnickles

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I am thrilled to hear that it might be patches. And I agree with everyone....his coat could be VERY different after living rough for so long. It seems like he wants to come home but SOMEthing is stopping him....what in the world could it be? So glad you put shelter under the deck...and the trail cam too. Please update us as soon as you can.

I have set up a new feeding station out by the creek and will set up the trail cam today. I just can't believe Kuzon is out there....or maybe I just don't want more heartbreak and disappointment. It could be the other missing Siamese, Simon, and that would be a good consolation prize. His family would be so happy.

It's a new year with loads of possibilities.....this is the year for happy endings....for George, Patches, Kuzon, Simon and all the other missing and loved animals. :vibes: C'mon you guys....get yourselves home where you can be safe and sound!! ::vibes:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
I'm so glad to hear that Patches is hanging around more often. Poor diet is definitely going to affect his coat. I've heard that some cats have darker winter coats than summer coats too, so maybe that is why he looks different. He seems to know his way around and know where you keep the food. And he's calling to you as well, that makes me think it really must be him.

I haven't had my trail camera out for about a week now. The stray cats tend to congregate around the temples and shrines, but this time of year they are really busy with people going to welcome in the New Year, so there haven't been any cats hanging around . I made some big "George Missing" posters and stuck them up near the entrances to all the big shrines within a couple of miles of here. I couldn't get them all, there are so many shrines in these old neighbourhoods, but I postered all the big ones so maybe if someone is taking care of George they'll notice them.

I think I'm going to wait until things calm down and start putting the trail camera out in a different spot next week. I just don't have a clue which direction I should be looking in. I haven't had a single positive sighting of George in these 10 months since he went missing. I keep thinking back to the circle I made with the camera and kitty buffet last summer. Now it seems to me that I left too many places out and should have had the camera out all day as well as all night. I was worried that someone might steal it though. 

I hope this year is better than last. In 2013 everything that could possibly go wrong, went wrong and I had nothing but bad luck and endless annoyances. Maybe I'll go and get a Shinto priest to purify me for the start of a new year.

Lots of love and positive vibes to Patches, Simon, Kuzon, George and all the other lost cats.

shadowsrescue

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
When Patches left 2 years ago and was gone for 5 months I was so distraught and certain he was dead.  He went from never leaving my yard, to leaving for a few days at a time to vanished for 5 months.  For some reason, the word "hope" has always been very powerful for me.  I have a few collages hanging in my house with the word "Hope" as well as some hanging ornaments.  The summer he left I was out shopping one day and came upon a beach themed "Hope" plaque.  It was for outside use.  I knew I had to have it to hold onto hope that Patches would return.  I placed it on the deck and each day I would say a prayer for him and hope he returned.  One night I was sitting on the deck and the temperatures were beginning to cool, I wondered if it was time to take down the "hope" sign.  I sent out a mental request for Patches that I needed confirmation if he was alive.  He appeared the next night!  It has been a steady fixture on my deck since.  This year it has been out continuously since Patches left.  It was out there when he appeared  in mid November, but then he didn't come again for 3 weeks.  During the 3 week period we had snow that accumulated and piled on the deck.  The Hope sign was covered with snow.  When the snow melted, the sign was frozen into the deck and when I pulled it up, it cracked and broke.  I was crushed.  Fortunately DH fixed it and I put it back out the next day saying my prayer and plea to Patches.  He came back again the next night!  I firmly believe there is always hope to be found.

Patches came again last night, but it was after I had gone to bed.  I had to take in all of the food last night as 2 darn raccoons appeared in the yard and were spooked by Shadow.  They actually chased Shadow.  I knew they would then be back on the deck looking for food so all food even in the food house was brought inside.  So when Patches came, we were in bed and all food was gone.  I felt awful, but when I checked the cameras the raccoons came back numerous times.  They even went into the shelter and got in Shadow's bed. 

Today it is snowing and we are to get a few inches.  Then the temps are to plummet to single digits with gusty winds tonight.  I just hate the bitter cold.  Temperatures will rebound for a few days then another Arctic blast comes and temps will be -10 with even worse wind chills.  I am already worried about the cats.  Usually I can get Shadow to come inside and stay the night.  Stellar I have no idea and Patches would never stay inside.  The terrible cold next week is only to last a few days so at least it won't be too long. 

luvnickles

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
HOPE!  such a powerful word.  It keeps us going.  Through the snow and wind storms and thieving racoons, you must keep saying your prayers and focus on all the positive signs you have had that Patches is alive. It also helps to have people cheering you on. 

I hooked up with a couple of other local folks whose cats are missing and we have been supporting each other - looking out for all three cats who went missing around the same time.  Keeping the flyers up is a challenge as for one reason or another, they are ripped down so we decided to print up two large 24 x 36 inch posters with pictures of all three cats.  Not a lot of text - we are keeping the photos as big as possible and then are going to fix them to both sides of an A frame easel stand and put it at major intersections in town.  they will sit alongside sports team sign ups and language lesson advertising so I doubt anyone will object.  And we can easily move it around town as we saturate one location.  This way we hope to catch all the people who aren't walkers and who then disperse into all the neighborhoods that would be so hard to hit with the small flyers.

Tonight i had a text message from a number I don't recognize - "hey, i found your cat"....and then a second, "whoopsie daisy, wrong number".  I thought it odd - that someone I didn't know would have my number stored in their phone to make such a mistake.  I texted back asking what cat they HAD found but nothing, so I called and left a message.  Sounded like the phone of a young man.  I suppose that he could have typed in a wrong number, but what a coincidence that his typo would reach someone whose cat was also missing....seems to me he either has called me with a tip and still had my number or ???  no response of course.  I know to be wary of scammers.  Probably harmless but my imagination is running away with me.

Patches, George, Kuzon...please come home so we can love you all up!

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Hope. Yes, that's right. We've got to have hope until we have our happy ending.

I went to Sengen Jinja today, a huge shrine at the foot of Mount Fuji, and bought a fortune card for this year.

It said. "Someone you are waiting for will return under surprising circumstances."

I know fortune cards are as hit and miss as animal communicators, but every bit of encouraging news gives me hope and as long as I'm hoping I'm not going to give up looking for George.

LuvNickles, that text sounds mighty suspicious to me. Especially as other people in your area have lost their cats. Is there any chance that someone could be taking cats and then waiting to see if a reward is offered for them? I was just thinking, as Kuzon is a Siamese and Simon is a Siamese and both potentially valuable........and of course we would all happily hand over a reward if anyone were to find our cats, regardless of what breed they may or may not be........

Shadows Rescue, I don't know much about raccoons but I hear they like things like marshmallows and peanut butter and as that kind of food is really sticky it keeps them occupied for a while. Could you leave out something like that away from the shelters and cat food so the raccoons don't keep bothering the cats?

shadowsrescue

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

Hope. Yes, that's right. We've got to have hope until we have our happy ending.

I went to Sengen Jinja today, a huge shrine at the foot of Mount Fuji, and bought a fortune card for this year.

It said. "Someone you are waiting for will return under surprising circumstances."

I know fortune cards are as hit and miss as animal communicators, but every bit of encouraging news gives me hope and as long as I'm hoping I'm not going to give up looking for George.

LuvNickles, that text sounds mighty suspicious to me. Especially as other people in your area have lost their cats. Is there any chance that someone could be taking cats and then waiting to see if a reward is offered for them? I was just thinking, as Kuzon is a Siamese and Simon is a Siamese and both potentially valuable........and of course we would all happily hand over a reward if anyone were to find our cats, regardless of what breed they may or may not be........

Shadows Rescue, I don't know much about raccoons but I hear they like things like marshmallows and peanut butter and as that kind of food is really sticky it keeps them occupied for a while. Could you leave out something like that away from the shelters and cat food so the raccoons don't keep bothering the cats?
The fortune card is absolutely amazing!!!  I hope it is George just waiting to surprise you and return. 

Yes, raccoons do like marshmallows, peanut butter and other sticky foods.  For now I will just deal with them the best I can.

Patches continues to come but only eats just a bit and then leaves.  On Saturday night it was in the 30's all night and he stuck around the deck for almost 2 hours.  He even went into one of the shelters and stayed their for awhile.  I thought for sure he wouldn't come last night with the bitter cold, but he did.  He didn't stay long at all.  I hope to see him again in a few days when the weather improves.

luvnickles

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise

I am working with another couple of folks whose Siamese cats are missing and believe me, it crossed our minds but no one has called in for the rewards and I really think the text I got was a crank.  My daughter and I both called back from different numbers and it was a "kid" who picked up but hung up right away when he figured out who it was...I think he was playing a prank and didn't think about what it might stir up.   A crappy thing for him to do but I'm not wasting any time or emotion on it.  It's kind of like seeing my posters ripped down.  It is frustrating but not where I want to spend my energy so I don't take it personally and just put new ones up to keep the focus on getting Kuzie back.

I love that you visited the Shinto shrine.  I believe in the power of prayer and we have all had generic fortune cookie messages like that but what a coincidence that the message fit so perfectly with your situation.  I would suggest not a coincidence at all.  tape it to your computer or mirror or wherever you will see it and can spend a moment willing George home. 

I've begun reading books on existential thinking about the essence of reality and the power of the mind.  Clinical Psychologists and Physicists from Johns Hopkins University and other major universities are starting to explore the nature of thought and the impact it has on reality....cause and effect.   They are beginning to give credence to the "idea" that there is something to mind over matter.   almost everyone i know believes in miracles and that positive thinking can make good things happen whether or not the academics can explain it, so I say go with it.   And everyone on this thread is thinking of all of our cats - sending positive thoughts our way and I will take it!!

Here's hoping the weather has calmed down for Patches and that Kuzon is being kept safe, warm and well fed and Simon and Princess (the other missing Siamese cats) too. 

Anyone reading these posts with success stories about long missing cats making it home safe and sound, please pile on.  Nothing makes my day better than hearing that miracles happen for our beloved animals every day!!

shadowsrescue

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
A follow up to the fortune card.  Almost 25 years old, Dh  and I had been dating for almost 3 years.  I had moved 6 months previous to be with him in Syracuse, NY.  I was getting antsy and really hoped he would ask me to marry him soon.  I had gone home for a visit with my family.  He picked me up at the airport and we stopped at a Chinese restaurant for dinner.  When we got our fortunes, mine said "Your greatest wish is about to come true".  I laughed and  set it down on the table.  I read it to DH and gave a weird little laugh.  Little did I know that he picked it up off the table.  That night when he got back to my apartment.  Things were weird.  I found flowers in my bathroom sink.  I also had this pet peeve that whenever he used my medicine cabinet he would leave one of the sides open.  It drove me crazy and I ALWAYS shut it.  I noticed it, but  decided not to close it so I could spend some more time with him.  When I came out of the bathroom he was down on one knee.  I had no idea what he was doing.  He noticed my puzzled face and asked if I had closed the bathroom mirror.  I rushed back in to close it.  He had written in lipstick, "I will love you forever, will you marry me?"  He later that night gave me my fortune back!!  He said he almost choked on his cookie when I read it to him.  He made sure he picked it up to save for me. 

The power of prayer/intention/thought are all so real in my mind.  I have been amazed at the times I have sent out a thought to Patches and within a few days he appears or does what I had asked.  Positive thoughts and hope have helped me to get through many obstacles in my life.

Keep warm kitties and please make your way back home.

winkie

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Keep the faith..George, Kuzon and all other missing cats will return. Prayers can move mountains and believe me they will come back home. Read some wonderful stories of reunion:

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmonton/george-the-missing-airport-cat-is-found-alive-1.1119884

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=105x8231902

http://abcnews.go.com/US/story?id=93602

I understand it is very hard to live without any living being whom we love be it human or animal. The first pain in this life is the pain of separation from your loved one, second comes the pain of hunger and then other pains follow. But foremost it is said to be pain of separation. But please don't lose hope. There are beautiful endings and believe the faith..watch below the video:

George cute baby of Norachan,  I know you are alive and will be coming back soon.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
LuvNickles, I'm sorry to hear that your posters keep getting torn down. Some people are really heartless. I think I'm really lucky to live in this area. The only thing that brings my posters down is the weather. I have to go around and replace them after a typhoon or a storm, but some of the posters I put up in sheltered places, public rest rooms and bus stops etc, have been there since April. Even though I haven't had any calls from anyone who has seen George I've had calls from people who want to help in other ways. A few people who feed cats have sent me pictures of any cats that look like George that show up at their house, some people call to tell me about shelters that take in cats, one sweet old guy called to let me know what he did when his cat went missing for a few months. It's nice to know there are people out there who care about lost cats.

The fact that a lot of Siamese cats have gone missing from your neighbourhood sounds very suspicious. Have you tried contacting any Siamese breeders in your area to ask if they've had any suspicious enquiries? Or have any shelters had people who specifically want to adopt Siamese cats? It makes me wonder if these cats aren't being taken by someone deliberately.

Shadows Rescue, Thank you so much for sharing that story with us. It brought tears to my eyes when I read it. I think hoping and staying positive are the only thing I can do right now.  I seem to have come to a bit of a dead end as far as searching goes. I need a sign, something to point me in the right direction.

Winkie, thank you for letting us know about those cats who found their way home. It's strange how many cats called George go missing, isn't it?

luvnickles

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Norachan,

It is true that there ARE three cats missing - all fairly close in proximity and gone at roughly the same time.  But only two of them are Siamese at least in looks.  The third, while his description is written as a Siamese, looks like a silver tabby - all stripes.  The only thing really in common are blue eyes.  Actually, there have been a few cats missing in my immediate area but they either haven't been gone as long as our three or they have been recovered already...or their poeple have stopped looking.  The thought that someone was snatching siamese cats has crossed my mind but I have come across so many other Siamese cats in the neighborhood...the ones that Kuzon keeps being mistaken for, that I doubt there is anything really going on there.  And truthfully, Kuzon is not a friendly boy.  He wouldn't even come to me when he was outside...he'd see me coming and take off in the other direction.   Having said that, he is beautiful and if I found him wandering and hungry, I would certainly take him in.  I hope some kind stranger is doing just that, and is unaware of the posters.  I think it is time for bigger, neon signs at busy intersections.  It is the one thing I haven't tried....

Winkie - I appreciate the video and stories too...and how funny they all have some reference to a George...should make Norachan happy.    All of us missing cats on this thread believe in the power of positive thinking and prayer and hope.  I'm so glad that Norachan is still actively looking.  One missing cat site I visited tonight put it very well...The minute you give up looking for your pet, is the moment the likelihood of recovery plummets.  I don't think any of us want to be the reason the recovery fails.  And I thank you especially for your prayers....every little bit helps.

Shadows Rescue - you are so lucky to have had so many examples of "divine intervention".  your story made me smile...I wrote a letter to kuzon tonight in my journal.  I hope he hears the message....I believe he does.

So keep the faith - all of us....every day we search brings us closer to the day we will be reunited! 

luvnickles

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Here is another story of a cat reunited with her family after nearly a year!  The Friends of Ferals group I have hooked up with trapped a beautiful Calico cat on New Year's day which was microchipped to a family 15 miles away!...  that is the second story in a week I have heard about a long term missing cat being reunited in my county so I know it can happen!  Keep on keeping the faith for George, Patches, Kuzon, Simon and Princess!!!

[if !mso]><style>v\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);}o\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);}w\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);}.shape {behavior:url(#default#VML);}</style><![endif]

A "sweet" start to the New Year

Gumdrop the cat reunited with her family

We just had a wonderful reunion at the Marin Humane Society!
 ​
Gumdrop ready to go home today!
 ​
Gumdrop (left) with his brother before he went missing.
Gumdrop the cat was reunited with the Dimmick family of Tiburon after missing for one year.

The Dimmicks went on vacation, and when they returned, Gumdrop was gone. The last time they saw her was on February 20, 2013.

We don't know how she traveled more than 15 miles to Novato, but luckily Gumdrop was rescued by feral cat caretakers and brought to the Humane Society. Because Gumdrop has a microchip, we were able to locate her guardians to let them know that their beloved cat was safe and sound at MHS.

[if gte mso 9]><xml> <o:OfficeDocumentSettings> <o:AllowPNG/> </o:OfficeDocumentSettings></xml><![endif][if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:TrackMoves/> <w:TrackFormatting/> <w:punctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:DoNotPromoteQF/> <w:LidThemeOther>EN-US</w:LidThemeOther> <w:LidThemeAsian>X-NONE</w:LidThemeAsian> <w:LidThemeComplexScript>X-NONE</w:LidThemeComplexScript> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> <w:SplitPgBreakAndParaMark/> <w:EnableOpenTypeKerning/> <w:DontFlipMirrorIndents/> <w:OverrideTableStyleHps/> </w:Compatibility> <m:mathPr> <m:mathFont m:val="Cambria Math"/> <m:brkBin m:val="before"/> <m:brkBinSub m:val="--"/> <m:smallFrac m:val="off"/> <m:dispDef/> <m:lMargin m:val="0"/> <m:rMargin m:val="0"/> <m:defJc m:val="centerGroup"/> <m:wrapIndent m:val="1440"/> <m:intLim m:val="subSup"/> <m:naryLim m:val="undOvr"/> </m:mathPr></w:WordDocument></xml><![endif][if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" DefUnhideWhenUsed="true" DefSemiHidden="true" DefQFormat="false" DefPriority="99" LatentStyleCount="267"> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="0" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Normal"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="heading 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 7"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 8"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 9"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 7"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 8"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 9"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="35" QFormat="true" Name="caption"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="10" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Title"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="1" Name="Default Paragraph Font"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="11" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Subtitle"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="22" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Strong"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="20" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Emphasis"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="59" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Table Grid"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Placeholder Text"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="1" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="No Spacing"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Revision"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="34" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="List Paragraph"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="29" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Quote"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="30" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Intense Quote"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="19" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Subtle Emphasis"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="21" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Intense Emphasis"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="31" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Subtle Reference"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="32" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Intense Reference"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="33" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Book Title"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="37" Name="Bibliography"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" QFormat="true" Name="TOC Heading"/> </w:LatentStyles></xml><![endif][if gte mso 10]><style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable{mso-style-name:"Table Normal";mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0;mso-tstyle-colband-size:0;mso-style-noshow:yes;mso-style-priority:99;mso-style-parent:"";mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt;mso-para-margin:0in;mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt;mso-pagination:widow-orphan;font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Times New Roman","serif";}</style><![endif]

Last edited by a moderator: