Should I Get A Siamese Kitten After Losing My Beloved Cat ?

PixieLove2017

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
On August 9 I had to put my 20 year old Siamese cat down . She had cancer and some other mass on her kidney. The vet sad it would be best for my angel to go into cat heaven. I still have her 10 year old daughter that started to cry , hollowing and looking everywhere for her mama . She lost her appetite so I took her to the vet and he sad that she also have elevated blood results on her kidney. Put her on meds , supplements and diet . I wanted to get her a kitten to make her feel better but he sad I should wait to get her blood better ? I already found a Siamese kitten that needs a home but my main concern is my baby . Is it going to make her feel better or more stress ? She was never alone without cat company, she acts and looks just like a kitten. I would greatly appreciate it for any advice from owners of Siamese Seal Point . I would also like any advice on her health. What else should I do if her kidney just started to show a first sign of failer.

Thank you so much .

I added the pic

The brown cat on the back of the picture is my beloved cat that passed away and the smaller white is her daughter.

Attachments

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
If she is playful normally, it may be worth a try to add a new kitten yes. They oldies often do perk up having a new friend. but you must supervise, to be sure the kitten doesnt bother her too much... she must take precedence, be first in your queue.

What about the kitten? In dire need you will perhaps get TWO kittens, so your new kitten has company, and can leave the old lady in peace.

Rescuekitties9

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
If she has never had issues with other cats, still playful, etc.. It's definitely worth a shot!

susanm9006

Lola
Top Cat
Purraise
At ten years old, your cat has settled into a routine. Losing her mama is difficult for her, but a new kitten will not fill that void. At that age a kitten would add disruption to everything for her and increase her stress and probably yours for a while. I am not saying don't do it, just that it may not make life better for your current cat.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

PixieLove2017

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
If she is playful normally, it may be worth a try to add a new kitten yes. They oldies often do perk up having a new friend. but you must supervise, to be sure the kitten doesnt bother her too much... she must take precedence, be first in your queue.

What about the kitten? In dire need you will perhaps get TWO kittens, so your new kitten has company, and can leave the old lady in peace.
Thank you for your advice , most of the people say I should not get the kitten because it would stress her even more .

She always very friendly and playful, I play with her 5 times a day . My boyfriend just started to work from home so we both home most of the time . I would for sure get 2 kittens but first it would be very expensive . Pay for the kittens, vet bills for shots , spaying , food ... On top of that my boyfriend have allergies and asthma. We learn how to manage his illness with a right meds . ( sorry for my poor English )

It is so many things that I have to think about . Health , Gender , Personality.
That is why I decided to join this form .

PixieLove2017

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
At ten years old, your cat has settled into a routine. Losing her mama is difficult for her, but a new kitten will not fill that void. At that age a kitten would add disruption to everything for her and increase her stress and probably yours for a while. I am not saying don't do it, just that it may not make life better for your current cat.
Thank you . So hard to make a decision.

PixieLove2017

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you for taking time to respond to my post . I am so stressed out . It is been 12 days since my cat passed. I have to take my Knopa ( cat ) to the vet on the sep 7 and hope that he will give a green light on getting her a friend. I think it doesn't matter how much time I spend with her , I think she still want to have a contact with a cat .