Should I Be Worried.???????????? Please Help

fenris

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi, I wish whoever is reading this text a good health. Actually I have a concern related to my Male Cat. I saw him doing this (see the video reference) yesterday and I don't know what it is? It's as if he has an itchy back. After this happens he licks his coat and base of his tails, paws and runs around. Its doesn't continue for long just a couple of secs or a mint at maximum. His appetite is fine, he's active, no fever, water intake is fine, no signs of any health concerns. I just want an opinion because I've never seen a cat do this. Thank you so much for your time, appreciate it.

Video link: Link Sharing

Last edited:

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Well...the video didn't post, so I can't actually see it. But from what you describe, there are two likely culprits. The first, simplest, is fleas. A few cats will react like that to a flea bite. It itches and stings, and they over-compensate for it a bit. The second is a bit more complex. It might also be a mild hyperethesia, which is a nervous condition. If that is the case, medication can make a big difference for him. I would take the video (and do try again to get it to post) to your vet, and have him look at it. If a picture is worth 1000 words, a video can be an entire book!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

fenris

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hey, I just shared a link in reply so if you can give it a look that would be a huge help. He did have fleas not so long ago but not anymore.

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
It does look like a mild form of hyperesthesia. Does he do it just any time at all, or is there a pattern to it? I noticed your hands near his tail, does that seem to trigger it?

fenris

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
It does look like a mild form of hyperesthesia. Does he do it just any time at all, or is there a pattern to it? I noticed your hands near his tail, does that seem to trigger it?
No he doesn't. Sometimes he doesn't even do it at all but routinely once or twice a day. He doesn't have any pattern to it sometime it even ppens when he's sleepings and he wakes up. At start I though it was allergies of some kind but I am taking him to my cat tommorow. I just wanted to know what it actually can be so I can understand better.

fenris

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
He doesn't try to rip his skin off or anything. It's not that kind of itch he does. He does have a little stuffy nose though.

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Take that video with you. It will tell the vet a LOT, especially since he may not do it while you are there. And PLEASE let us know what the vet say! We worry about "our" cats.

fenris

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Take that video with you. It will tell the vet a LOT, especially since he may not do it while you are there. And PLEASE let us know what the vet say! We worry about "our" cats.
I've already texted it to him. I will discuss this matter with him tommorw and post the updates.

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Thanks! Meanwhile, I'm lighting a candle that this will be a simple issue with an easy fix!

00LitCandle.jpeg

fenris

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thanks! Meanwhile, I'm lighting a candle that this will be a simple issue with an easy fix!

View attachment 292088
Hi, so I took him to my cat today it turns out he has "Feline Babesia" blood parasite the thing he's doing in the video Muscle tremor is because of it. He prescribed him some medicines and have him an injection. I have to complete the medicine course and go to him again for a final injection afterwards he'll be fine InshAllah. Please pray for him May HE give my male a good health Ameen.