Should I Be Concerned?

kkienzle

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have two cats, both under a year old. Constantine is around 10/11 months old and Emma is about 7 months old. I'm a little concerned.. I've now had Constantine since November and it's getting more difficult to distinguish between play fighting and being a little too aggressive.. he never full on hurts her but he's twice as big as her.. she's already incredibly vocal so she gets agitated and hisses more often than not.. they're mostly good at reading each other's cues to back off but sometimes he can't it appears... she's resilient and just gets right back up and goes after him so she can't be that upset I suppose. They still lay together and groom one another but I've noticed that Constantine has gotten a lot more territorial about things he considers "his"... he'll point blank run up to her and shove her aside and off whatever it is. Maybe he's started gaining his confidence more in the household and is trying to maintain dominance? Any help is appreciated!

hexiesfriend

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Since they are kittens they are learning to fight and he only has his sister. He won't hurt her. If you think it's getting too rough you can always intervene and break it up. I
Wouldn't worry too much.