Should I Be Concerned About My Cat's Lip?

leahm

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
IMG_7589.JPG
Only the other day I noticed that my cats lip had gotten slightly bigger, almost swollen but it doesn't seem to be affecting her in any way as she is her normal self. Does anybody know what it is?

dustydiamond1

Minion to Gypsy since October 2016
Top Cat
Purraise
View attachment 193398 Only the other day I noticed that my cats lip had gotten slightly bigger, almost swollen but it doesn't seem to be affecting her in any way as she is her normal self. Does anybody know what it is?
Back a few months ago Gypsys bottom lip at the front was swollen, didn't seem to be bothering her at all, vet (we don't like or use anymore) said "flea allergy," she blamed everything on fleas including the swollen paw that we were in there for. We have NEVER had fleas! I started researching allergies and ended up changing our litter brand and her lip hasn't swollen since. Are there any plants she may have chewed on? Think back, has there been anything you can remember changing prior to the swelling? Good luck, keep us posted. She's beautiful.

verna davies

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It looks like a rodent ulcer to me also. They are easily cleared with injection or tablets from the vet but can cause problems if left untreated.