Shorty Needs A Cat Tree

DeeeKay

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My new adopted lady has some of the shortest legs I've seen to this day. Therefore, not a fan of jumping. I want to get her a short cat tree to go with her short legs. Needs to have sisel since she has an affinity with tearing up my couches, but doesn't really care for the scratch pad. And maybe a hidey hole, tho she's really social. Would love any color but brown/beige, but I'll deal bc she's my cutey, fluffy girl. Looking for suggestions since everything I'm finding is for cats who can jump higher than 6 inches

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Veteran
Purraise
A Munchkin? Oh, pictures please - she has dibs on my heart already!
Sisal, or cardboard scratchers that lay on the floor, or one like this
upload_2018-3-16_17-33-20.jpeg

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Veteran
Purraise
Both items on Amazon, this one's called a modular cat condo/cat cube/cat condo and you can make it into any shape.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

DeeeKay

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
1 of her funny scrunchy face pics. Trying to grab me with her li'l legs and huge paws

Attachments

lalagimp

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Cat Trees & Furniture: Drs. Foster & Smith Amusement Park

We love this. They have this Amusement Park next to the Kitty Castle (That thing goes over my head). I waited until I got a notification that the price was under $150 and I ordered one. Takes maybe 15-20 minutes to put it together and I did it myself while Princess Yue Pants was sitting on it. All the cats use the posts, the tunnel, and the perch. I invest in DFS furniture because it lasts for years. Tommy will take down any Whisker City or Armarkat in 2 years, flat, or even less.

DeeeKay

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise

We got this style and just put it on the floor - he loves it!
Oh my goodness, what a face LOL
I thought about getting this bc she likes to stretch Was wondering if they were good. Thank you!

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
You might find something here: CatsPlay.com

Both items on Amazon, this one's called a modular cat condo/cat cube/cat condo and you can make it into any shape.
That looks similar to one that I had before made by Kitty City USA. The one I had wasn't very sturdy at all - the cats destroyed it within a few months:eek3: They have a new "steel claw" line that is supposed to be sturdier and hold up to rough play.

DeeeKay

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
You might find something here: CatsPlay.com

That looks similar to one that I had before made by Kitty City USA. The one I had wasn't very sturdy at all - the cats destroyed it within a few months:eek3: They have a new "steel claw" line that is supposed to be sturdier and hold up to rough play.
I bought a tree online for my last cat. Wobbly and 1 piece broke when we were putting it together. Cali, scrunched faced lady, needs something sturdy Not the most assured footed one.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I really like the Aruba cat trees: ARUBACAT - CAT FURNITURE I have a 6 foot one and it's really sturdy and well made. There are different color options for the trees.

Mountain Pet makes sturdy non-carpeted trees: Handcrafted Cat Scratching Posts & Toys by MountainPetProducts

If you look on Etsy you'll find many sellers of cat trees and furniture. Some are willing to custom make something for your cat's needs.

Can you place a pet ramp next to a tree so your cat can easily get on and off it?

DeeeKay

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I thought of a ramp, but I'm not sure she'll walk up it. I'm in a pickle

Columbine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Look for trees that have ladders or ramps between the levels, so she can easily get up and down. Alternatively, if you're clever with the relative measureents, you might be able to use the cardboard scratcher as a ramp next to the tree to give her easier access ;)

As far as the cardboard scratcher goes, adding in some catnip can be a great way to get them interested in using them. Always worth a try :)

@bengalcatman makes some beautiful horizontal and sloping scratchers: Cat Scratching posts. That's another great avenue to explore.