Shorthair or longhair cats?

Do you prefer shorthair or longhair cats?

• Shorthair (let us know why in the comments)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Longhair (let us know why in the comments)

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters

catwars

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Which do you prefer? Answer the poll and leave us a comment to explain your answer.

GemsGem

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
You need another option for both. I own both short and longhair and I like them both the same. I guess shorthair are easier to look after but longhair look so pretty with ear tuffs and fluffy tails.

gcat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
You need another option for both. I own both short and longhair and I like them both the same. I guess shorthair are easier to look after but longhair look so pretty with ear tuffs and fluffy tails.
I agree with GemsGem. Currently all of my cats are shorthaired but one of my dearest Rainbow Bridge kitties was a longhaired Maine Coon. Shorthaired cats require less maintenance grooming-wise but when grooming my longhaired kitties I really enjoyed running the brush through their soft fur and they purred up a storm while I was at it. 

scubacat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Both?

I have previously always had shorthairs, and kind of always thought long-hairs were more maintenance, but Jackie is a long-hair/psuedo-long-hair with the fluffy tail, paw tufts, floofy neck & belly, and just overall rabbit-fur softness. Plus, she is gorgeous! Brushing her is a pleasure as it is fun to cuddle with all that softness afterward and she enjoys it. I despise vaccuming, but I had to do it just as often with shorthairs...longhairs just leave longer hairs.

Last edited: