short and long haired combined?

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I don't know if anyone is still watching this thread but I wondered if you ever found out what the deal was with the long white hairs? Did your cat outgrow them, so to speak? My cat, Emmett, is 10-11 years old and I only just noticed similar hairs on him in the last week or two. They are on his sides, low by his belly; on the outside of his legs; and the outside edges of his neck to just below his cheeks. I don't know what they are or where they came from. I wasn't worried until I saw something mentioned on here called "fever coat". What is that? Should I be worried? He has been sick recently so is that it? If you have any ideas let me know! Thanks!
As I understand it, fever coat as such is seen on small kittens, it wears off by itself in a few months.
At your age, its something other, I think. Possibly beginning of old age, when the fur tends to be grayish. usually mostly around the face.
Yours? I dunno, but if you do have access to a good vet, I would mention it to her.

MrHandsomesMama

Happily wrapped around his little paws!
Young Cat
Purraise
As I understand it, fever coat as such is seen on small kittens, it wears off by itself in a few months.
At your age, its something other, I think. Possibly beginning of old age, when the fur tends to be grayish. usually mostly around the face.
Yours? I dunno, but if you do have access to a good vet, I would mention it to her.
Thanks for your reply. I dont know that its old age, there are photos of other cats, though they are kittens in the photos, which have the same long white hairs that I am talking about. Its just like normal coat and then a few LONG white hairs, and it follows the same pattern for roughly every square inch of the body parts I mentioned before. I am no longer worried about it, but I am still curious what its about. I will try to get a good picture of it.

Granna Debs

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I also have a cat he is about 8 months old and he is very big now he is dark black short hair about 1 inch long down his back even shorter on his legs face and ears his eyes are golden looking and his sides belly and tail are at least 3 inches long and a smokey gray color. He is beautiful and so loving.

Attachments