Shocked And Saddened By My Friend

HellsBells80

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
So a very close friend of mine, who has always been a cat lover has recently shocked me a fair bit by what she's been saying about her cats.

She has 3 gorgeous cats, a male and 2 females, the older of the two females who is only a year and a half old, has had 2 litters inside a year, thankfully she's spayed now, her most recent kittens are 12 weeks now.

The younger of the female cats is only 7 months old and deaf, and she has also had a litter of 3 gorgeous little babies who are now 6 weeks old. Unfortunately she has not been spayed yet and is back running around outside. :argh::(

So anyway that gave my friend a total of 7 kittens and 3 adult cats, she felt unable to cope.:(
When the kittens all started to get on their feet, and started running around everywhere around her house, she told me she felt like just putting them all outside:nono:
I couldn't believe she would think something like that! I convinced her not to do that and I told her I would get homes for all of them, and that is what I have done.

I worked hard securing good homes for all 7 of the kittens, and now we are just waiting for the youngest to be 8 weeks and then they will go to their new homes. I am also taking one of them as he was the only one I couldn't get a home for. Of course I am excited for a new little kitten:hyper:

The thing that has annoyed me is she told me today that all these kittens have just sickened her :bawling: and that basically once they all go she's only taking care of her original adult cats basic needs and they will just continue to be mostly outdoor cats, and once something happens to them or they go missing she will be content:disappointed:

I'm not looking for any advice or anything here I just wanted to get this all off my chest.
This girl is my oldest and very best friend and I love her, but I'm just so sad at her change of heart and lack of empathy for her cats:bawling::bawling: I never thought she would be like that :(

Anyway I've attached a photo of my new little baby :thumbsup:

Attachments

KarenKat

Kitty on the half shell, tortie power!
Top Cat
Purraise
Aww he is quite precious. I’ve never had a kitten, but someday that sounds really nice.

A shame that your friend had such a change of heart about her cats! It sounds overwhelming to have so many kittens, and I must say I have had moments of regret on adding a third cat to the household (it’s been a long 7 month integration). But once the stress has abated I love my new little fur monster. Maybe once your friend isn’t dealing with such an overwhelming situation she will look on her kitties more kindly. You are wonderful for stepping up and helping find homes for everyone!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

HellsBells80

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Thank you KarenKat KarenKat I hope you're right she probably is feeling quite overwhelmed, it's very unlike her to be this way.

I love having a kitten in the house! Once all the introductions and settling in are done, they're just so much fun :woohoo::dizzycat:

Kitty Mommy

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Oh, what a sweet baby you have! I'm so thankful that you were able to find homes for the other kitties. Some people should just not have pets. Being your friend, I can understand how confused and blindsided you were with this confession. I've never had a house full of kittens like that but I imagine it can be overwhelming. I hope she changes her mind after she has had time to settle down.

What did you name your new baby?

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I hope she can get her other female spayed, especially if she's going to let her outside. I also hope she'll change her mind once she's less overwhelmed.

Your new baby is so cute!

ArchyCat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Why not check to see if a no kill volunteers rescue group will take the adults off her hands? Nothing good ever happens to an outdoor cat. (fighting urge not to rant!).

You have gone above and beyond the call of duty to find homes for the kittens!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

HellsBells80

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
As far as I'm aware she's going to hand over the youngest one who is deaf, there is an animal rescue centre not far from us and ive given her the phone number for them.
She won't give up the other 2 though, she says she still loves them, and I believe in my heart that she does. I'm hoping she just needs time once everything settles down again.