shivery tail

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

trishfitz

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Yikes, I never even considered that Darcy might spray when she did her shakey tail. I'm glad she doesn't!

Originally posted by superkitty
Ginza does this too, and we did figure out a long time ago that it was his way of saying 'hello' as he only did that when he stands in front of me or hubby. We love it, and always melt when we see it. Of course, we are so happy it's not accompanied with actual spraying.

For the informal survey, he's sand-colored.

chixyb

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Maybe there is something wrong with my orange tabby?! LOL, he is scared of anything and everything, he always thinks someone is gonna try and bite his butt. He does run around the house with his tail fluffy every now and then though. He is my nerd boy...

catlover67

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My oldest cat Blondie does this often. She will stand with her tail in the air and quiver it. She also expects us to gently run our hand up the tail with a very gently tug on it.

My newest cat, Autumn will do the tail quivering on very rare occassions. She too, as another poster mentioned, will flare out the base of the tail like a peacock fanning its tail!!

fuzzmom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I call it the "rattlesnake tail" or just "the rattler". My almost all black boy does this when I first come home from work or whenever he hasn't seen me in a while, which can be a few minutes.
He's really good at this and can keep it up for quite a while.

I never realised spraying could be associated with this action. Thank goodness all my boys are not sprayers.

But I think I saw my foster starting to rattle the other day, so perhaps I'll be having two that like to "rattle and roll".

deb25

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Joey has a quivery tail, too! I had always wondered about it, especially since he is sometimes prone to imappropriate peeing behavior.

sammie5

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Bailey, my ginger tabby does this, its so cute, her tail is very perky. She runs up to me with her tail in full flight, and the plumey end waving. Sam, the big lazy silver cat has never done it.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
JC does this, too, when I come home from work or am about to feed him. It looks the same as when he is marking the bushes during our daily walk (he was castrated at 6 months, and started marking outside a little over a year ago, at almost 4). His tail is often in motion. When he's playing, it's all fluffed up.

hootiecat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I meant to reply to your thread when i started my own(accidently) called quivery tail kitty. My name is hootiecat and my kitty hootie does this too. I think it is a sign of affection, she couldn't be trying to spray, she's a girl. My other cat tigger does it too but he is neutered boy. I think they are wagging their tail like a dog but they are cats!

anna mae

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I don't know if I am too late getting in on this thread, but, my friend has an orange tabby and he waves his tail. It's strait up in the air and goes completely from side to side really fast! At first I thought he might have a damaged nerve but it does stop when he's resting. Guess he's just a happy little guy!