Advisor
Purraise
Torbie with white, I think.  

A nice find you got here!

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah, torbie with white is probably the most technically correct answer you could give. But I think I'd call her a patchwork kitty :D.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

chaucer

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Thanks, StefanZ and Willowy!  I figured she was Torbie but didn't quite know what to think about all that white, particularly when her stomach has patches of orange and black on it and her legs and feet have the creamy orange and white with the backs having the added black patches that resemble calico markings. When I had her microchipped there was no "Torbie" so I'm not sure what I put - either Tabby or Tortoiseshell one. It depends on whether she is facing you or walking away from you!

She's really a sweet-natured cat, although it takes her several days to get used to house guests. The vet thinks she is around 4 or 5.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
My cat The Mu looks a lot like that. Torbie body, one silver tabby back leg, from her mum, and one ginger tabby back leg, from her dad. 

Henryetta is a very pretty girl.

chaucer

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Thank you, Norachan. Her ears are different colors, too.  One is mostly orange with a touch of black and the other is mostly black. When I first saw her walking through my back yard, I thought she had a skin disease because I wasn't close enough to see the orange patches were fur.  Her kittens were all orange and white tabbies with one buff-colored one (like the color on her feet). The father was a buff/pale orange male.  

I think I'm feeding and trying to rescue either Henryetta's litter mate or her father - Tabby with white that looks like her- and her mother was a now-spayed Tortie belonging to my neighbor. Henryetta has the same Tortie pattern on her walking-away view. She looks like a blend of the two.

chaucer

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I mean I think my neighbor's cat was the mother. I don't know that for sure, other than I was told they finally spayed their two females after they'd had "lots of babies."

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
If her father was tabby and white the tortie cat probably was her mother. She needs to have got the ginger gene from somewhere.

The Mu was a rescued feral too, she used to live in the storm drain under my old apartment.

chaucer

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
A storm drain?  How sad.  Glad you rescued The Mu!  Henryetta was being fed, I think, by some neighbors who then moved, essentially abandoning her and possibly the father of the kittens since they seemed to know each other well.   It took her a couple of months before she trusted me. She was living under a tarp-covered lawnmower at an absentee neighbor's home (different neighbor) or underneath her original "feeder's" house. She was clearly an outdoor-only cat but she had some socialization.  Her father (?) doesn't seem to have that socialization. It's taken six months for him to let me come within a few feet of him. He half-heartedly hisses if I get closer than two or three feet but he meows and talks to me, and he knows his name.  Of course the cat I think is her mother took well over a year to trust me and is just now letting me pet her and she does belong to someone!  Both the females are outdoor-only cats because I see them over here in all sorts of weather, as depicted in the photo below.

Here is a photo of the three who come round.  You will see what I mean about her possible parents.  The pair eating together belong to my neighbor and are mother/daughter. The black cat is actually a Tortie who is mostly black with orange patches which aren't visible in this picture.  She is the other Tortie's mother, I think. So she may be my cat's grandmother!