She's got Cattitude!

lanasaez

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Our Ella has gotten a bit of an attitude.. Hubby's at work MWFSS and I just got a job so I'm working MTWTHF. We both start at 12pm and get off at 6pm and get home at 7pm. As soon as we get home she's all over the table knocking down EVERYTHING off of the tables making a mess everywhere 
..maybe something like attention? 

Any advice for us? anything to get her to "calm" down a little. she act's out all of the time get's into everything all day and all night. When I'm home on the weekend's and i clean the house she's in everything. It's like she's acting like a dog. placing her for adoption is not an option. We do not want to give her to anyone.

catkiki

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If you just started working, she needs to just get into the routine. Maybe a companion would help, like another cat. My two girls keep themselves occupied with each other when we are gone.

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Does she have enough toys to play with? Maybe you could have some play time w/ her before you go to work & hopefully that will give her the attention she is seeking & help burn off some of that energy.  (then once you've got her playing, maybe she will continue to play a little on her own when you leave?)  I would do the same in the evening when you get home, in hope to "get it out of her system" before bed time.  I hope that helps :)

(My little boy is" playing soccer" right now, cracking me up).

Last edited:

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She's lonely and missing you guys during the day.  And she sounds bored.

Extra toys, a cat tree, a radio left on during the day, and the best companion of all? Another cat to keep her company. 

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lanasaez

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
lol playing soccer. haha i love when Ella does that! I play "fetch" with her it's funny! most people think it's weird that she play's fetch. I guess my husband and I will head to the pet store soon to get her some new things. she does not have a cat tree but i will be investing in one. I will see how she does with the new toys and things. 

Do you guys have any toy's that your babies love? that they can't keep their paw off?

I can sure use some advice :) 

Thanks <3

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Angel seems to love the small balls w/ the jingle bells inside. A client of mine got him some for Christmas last year & he still plays w/ them!  

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
I've moved your thread to the Behavior forum.  It will get more focused attention than in the general conversation of The Cat Lounge.

catkiki

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by LanaSaez  

I play "fetch" with her it's funny! most people think it's weird that she play's fetch.

Actually, my girl Dusty, loves to play fetch. I will be in the bathroom and she will bring me one of her fluff balls to throw. She will chase it then bring it back to me. Sometimes she will actually drop it in my hand. But her sister, Rusty, will soon come in and spoil her fun. Rusty will chase it but not bring the toy back. Dusty will look at her as if to say "Spoil sport!"

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lanasaez

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Alright guys, Thanks. I'll just try out some new toys and stuff and see how's she does. 

stephanietx

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Give her LOTS of attention when you first come home.  She is missing you guys and needs to know that you're coming back to her.  You might try leaving a dirty shirt out where she likes to sleep during the day for her to sleep on so she'll be comforted by your scent.

x2006nkg

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My boy was the same way when we adopted him and I'm pretty sure it was from being board/lonely. He was a rescue kitty we adopted from a vet clinic, and he always had company (human and kitty), so we bought him a ton of toys and a cat tree. We also always make sure to open the blinds in from on the couch, so he can sit on the couch and watch "kitten tv". When we get home I also be sure to pick him up and give him tons of cuddles. 

He has a favorite blanket, where he LOVES the inner fluffy lining. So I always fold it white side out so he can sleep on it. He has a ton of those plastic balls with the bells in them, a cat tunnel, and his favorite toy is this toy that clips to the top of the door frame, and then there is a string which hangs down with a catnip mouse toy at the end. He will play with this toy for HOURS. He also has a crinkle bag, which is a material bag with some type of loud crinkle paper inside so it makes noise when he steps on it. I often leave the radio on too so he has some noise in the place.