She's Going to be the Death of Me

piano cat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Little Hendrietta, the supposed feral my dog found when she was only 3 weeks old, is now 5 and a half months. She is so lively, getting into and up on places no other kitten dared go. This morning she jumped up onto the stove while I had the kettle on to boil. I think one of her little hind feet got hot because she held it up and looked at it but I examined it very closely and it's ok and she is using it ok.

Then this afternoon she disappeared. She has never failed to come when I call her but she didn't come. I was doing a laundry, something I take pains to be careful she does not get into and I was SURE she didn't get into the washer or the drier but I opened them both back up and checked. Then I looked outside in the snow for little kitten tracks, even though, again, I am very careful when I let the dog out. No tracks. Finally I remembered I had washed and disinfected the hummingbird feeders and put them away for the winter in the cold room, downstairs. And there she was. She was probably crying to me when I called her but she has a very small little voice. She did a nice number on the insulation on the door in her attempts to claw her way out. Boy, did I get big purrs and cuddles when I let her out. The little monkey.

Oh, and for any who remember my post about Hendrietta going into heat at only 5 months old, it's over. Lasted just shy of a week and no more calling, flagging and her appetite is back. Whew.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

piano cat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Spay is scheduled for Jan. Clinic has one Vet experienced in spay while in heat and wanted him to do it. And now, having said her heat is over, I think she is coming back in again, maybe. Seeing some tummy flattening on the floor. :(