Sherlocks coat color

crazyt123

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi everyone  was wondering what y'all would classify Sherlocks coat color as. He is a mackerl tabby but what color would you say he is now, or what color he might become when fully matured?

In the light

pad color

orientalslave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Black pads = brown tabby. If he was a blue tabby his pads would be paler, a sort of blue-grey.  The fur in the tip of the tail usually gives the game away as well, I suspect his is black.

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I put these photos on the other forum you had a thread on but I'll repeat it here.

Blue girls paw pads

And my tawny (brown) girls paw 

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

crazyt123

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thanks for the pics again Missy Moutus. Most post on the other site all said he was a blue mackerel tabby. But I  really didn't think he was a blue since hes mostly so dark in places and with the pics you posted, so I decided to get a second opinion over here just to see what I would get and see . His feet really are close in color to your tawny pic above in person. Instead of blue undertones he has sort of reddish brown hints to his coat.

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes I was never seeing blue despite all the other posts, which is why I suggested it could have been my monitor.
Currently browsing on phone and still seeing brown :)