Sheer Shades With Cats

lanerich

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I need to purchase new window treatments and I have fallen in love with sheer shades like these Sheer Shades | Horizontal Sheer Shades | Blinds.com™ because they let the natural light in but still provide privacy.

Our existing window blinds are faux wood blinds, they are fairly thick and heavy. The cats occasionally manage to get a paw through to peep out but they usually don't bother because it is difficult for them to move the slats. Sometimes we open the blinds all the way and they sit in the window. They don't mess with the blinds when we only have the slats open either, they just look out through the slats.

Does anyone else have sheer shades? I'm worried the cats will claw them and try to climb them. We've never had curtains or anything besides these wood blinds so I'm not sure how they will react. Maybe I should just buy them for one window to start with?

tangers40

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I have semi-sheer cellular blinds in my new house. Not exactly like what you're looking at, but sorta similar. Can't tell you how your cats will react, but Cheese leaves them alone when they are closed. I leave the office curtain open a bit all day because that window gets All The Sunshinez and she loves to nap in the sun and watch people go by. But otherwise, if the curtain is closed, she doesn't bother with it or try to get behind it to look out or whatever.

Cheese has gone from an apartment with ridiculous wood blinds, to 6 weeks of no curtains in the house, to the cellular blinds, and it never phased her a bit.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have something similar. They're Levolar honeycomb shades. Mine aren't too sheer but still let in light but not peeping Toms (not that anyone can peek through third floor windows). The cats have never bothered the shades. I don't have the "top down / bottom up" ones, just normal shades.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lanerich

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thanks for the feedback I will give it a shot!