Sheba Perfect Portions Versus Regular Sheba?

Blakeney Green

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
This may be a weird question, but is the difference between Sheba Perfect Portions and the regular cans just packaging, or is the content actually different?

Specifically, is the texture the same for the pate varieties?

I'm at the point where I don't need such small portion packages anymore, so it seems wasteful to buy it packaged that way if the larger ones are the same. I have to be positive on the texture, though.

Thanks!

(Okay, looking at their website, I'm even more confused - do they even have larger cans anymore? They're pictured but I can't find them in the product list.)

Minxxy

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
This may be a weird question, but is the difference between Sheba Perfect Portions and the regular cans just packaging, or is the content actually different?

Specifically, is the texture the same for the pate varieties?

I'm at the point where I don't need such small portion packages anymore, so it seems wasteful to buy it packaged that way if the larger ones are the same. I have to be positive on the texture, though.

Thanks!

(Okay, looking at their website, I'm even more confused - do they even have larger cans anymore? They're pictured but I can't find them in the product list.)
I'm pretty sure they don't make the cans anymore. I wish they did though because those perfect portion things are a B*%# to open.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Blakeney Green

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I'm pretty sure they don't make the cans anymore. I wish they did though because those perfect portion things are a B*%# to open.
YES they are! I find myself wearing the gravy half the time. I really dislike the packaging.

Blakeney Green

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
can you even recycle the perfect portions?
Yes, but for some reason they only put the recycling logo on one half, so if you happen to be using the other half it appears you can't. Not great design all around.

They don't take the lids for recycling in my area, but other places may?

NyxHemera45

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Is the pet store a chain, or something local?
Pet Smart

And as a sidenote my cat used to love Sheba from the dollar tree but recently she got sick and I don't know if that's because she ate the food too quickly and it was a fault on her part or fault of the food but I have not given it to her since.

MissMolly08

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
They discontinued the cans :sigh:.
We were feeding Sheba before the change. I don't think the perfect portions are worth the price so we stopped.

Blakeney Green

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I'll see if Pet Smart still has any.

Unfortunately this is the only food I have found so far with the correct texture for a special needs pet.