she was returned, I will never understand why!

mika5eva

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello!
I adopted my kitty Mika after a local shelter reached out saying she was returned by her family. I will never understand why! She is beautiful, so sweet, extremely vocal, and doesn’t have any behavioral issues.

I think she is part Norwegian Forest cat, part Maine coon...but I’d love your thoughts! Just trying to understand a bit more about her and how I can make her happy! For instance, she HATES being held so I feel like she can’t be a rag doll, right 😂 ?

thank you!!

Attachments

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi!
It's difficult to know, it might have been the vocalizations, she might have been held too tightly by one of the kids and ended up scratching the kid trying to get away, but it could also have been a change in their situation and something entirely unrelated to the cat.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
If we shall try to press her into a recognized breed, so the nearest will be a look alike to Norwegian Forest Cat, with her lenghy and somewhat triangular nose. Esp the last photo is telling.
If she is biggish, we may even presume she may have some ancestry for real.

The money bet is she is "simply" a very beautiful domestic longhair.

The Goodbye Bird

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
If we shall try to press her into a recognized breed, so the nearest will be a look alike to Norwegian Forest Cat, with her lenghy and somewhat triangular nose. Esp the last photo is telling.
It seems that whenever longhair cats are bred formally, they try to breed them into those lush manes you see in that last photo. Not that every cat with a lush mane would have purebreed ancestry, but in my thinking it makes it more likely.

CatLover49

All Cats Are Special
Top Cat
Purraise
Hello!
I adopted my kitty Mika after a local shelter reached out saying she was returned by her family. I will never understand why! She is beautiful, so sweet, extremely vocal, and doesn’t have any behavioral issues.

I think she is part Norwegian Forest cat, part Maine coon...but I’d love your thoughts! Just trying to understand a bit more about her and how I can make her happy! For instance, she HATES being held so I feel like she can’t be a rag doll, right 😂 ?

thank you!!
Shes very pretty