Shaven fur and regrowth?

bracken5

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Can anyone tell me how long it takes for my ragdoll's fur to start showing regrowth and to be fully back to what her ruff was previously. Large area of Neck shaven at vets unnecessarily for blood sample. Not injured, seriously ill and no temperature. Thanks

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Can anyone tell me how long it takes for my ragdoll's fur to start showing regrowth and to be fully back to what her ruff was previously. Large area of Neck shaven at vets unnecessarily for blood sample. Not injured, seriously ill and no temperature. Thanks
When we adopted our long hair tortie mix, her belly was shaved from the spay surgery.  I'd say it was many months before it grew back - at least 6 before it was as long as the rest of her.

Both my long and short hairs have had their legs shaved for dental procedures (it's where they placed the IV I'd think) and that shorter area of fur grew back in about a month or so, but took a couple total to look like normal where you couldn't see the patch where shaved.

Hope this helps!  

Last edited:

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I think it depends on the cat to some extent.  Mooch's fur has been shaven twice in the past year and it was just looking "fluffy" again when she was shaved the last time.  it looks funny still; several months later.