Sharing Kittens???

sirha

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Ok, Bonnie went in my room last night and saw the other cat and her two kittens under the dresser. I waited to see if I was going to have to be seperating them but instead she started cleaning the cat and her kittens!!! THEN she went in Hollys closet and got all 5 of her kittens and put them under the dresser with the other cat. And since then they have been sharing responsiblity of the kittens.

I don't know if I should laugh or be worried lol. When she brought her first kitten under the dresser I put it back, but she would not stop until she had them all under there. Both cats lay there facing eachother with 7 kittens between them. They actually seem happy this way. What do you guys think of this?!?

tnr1

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Sirha

Ok, Bonnie went in my room last night and saw the other cat and her two kittens under the dresser. I waited to see if I was going to have to be seperating them but instead she started cleaning the cat and her kittens!!! THEN she went in Hollys closet and got all 5 of her kittens and put them under the dresser with the other cat. And since then they have been sharing responsiblity of the kittens.

I don't know if I should laugh or be worried lol. When she brought her first kitten under the dresser I put it back, but she would not stop until she had them all under there. Both cats lay there facing eachother with 7 kittens between them. They actually seem happy this way. What do you guys think of this?!?
Sirha....do all the kittens seem healthy?? Normally I wouldn't recommend this arrangement because if one kitten gets sick..then it puts the kittens from the other mother at risk. I would definately keep an eye on the situation.

Katie

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sirha

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by TNR1

Sirha....do all the kittens seem healthy?? Normally I wouldn't recommend this arrangement because if one kitten gets sick..then it puts the kittens from the other mother at risk. I would definately keep an eye on the situation.

Katie
Yes they are all healthy, some are opening their eyes already, some escape from under the dresser lol. They are all around the same wieght, size etc. I just thought it was wierd, but everyone seems to like it.

tnr1

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

Yes they are all healthy, some are opening their eyes already, some escape from under the dresser lol. They are all around the same wieght, size etc. I just thought it was wierd, but everyone seems to like it.
Then I wouldn't move them....but you may want to have a plan in place for when all these kittens start crawling around.

Katie

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sirha

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Yea that will be the fun part, but honestly I can't wait!!!

tnr1

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

Yea that will be the fun part, but honestly I can't wait!!!
I don't blame you one bit...that was the time when trimming nails on a weekly basis started for me. They were climbing EVERYTHING..and I only had 2.

Katie